• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 build w/ pics

DPontius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2011
Ohio
I got bored and decided to do something fun. Just got done with this the other day, figured I would post some pictures and get some opinions. Took my old 10/22 carbine and put a TacSol barrel on it, added the Timney 10/22 trigger group, some internals, and dropped it into a Boyd's Evolution stock. Pictured with a Vortex Viper and my TBAC 22L-1. Quite the fun little setup, super light and quiet.
IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Re: 10/22 build w/ pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTG 1977</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is soooooo pretty. How does she shoot? Any turtles left in that pond? </div></div>
People shoot turtles? interesting..I can understand the squirrels and what not, but hey to each his own

Ha no turtle shooting here...only thing it has hit so far is steel. With the Federal bulk ammo it's getting about a 2.5" group at 100 yards, I haven't tried actually shooting match ammo for groups and probably won't. I can slap a prairie dog sized piece of steel at 100 every time, and that's good enough for coons and groundhogs that I can't hit with the bigger pipes. It sure is fun to shoot though.

lol nice 22 and yes people shoot turtles. look at my screen name. plus they get overpopulated in my area and eat all the fish in the ponds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtle sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol nice 22 and yes people shoot turtles. look at my screen name. plus they get overpopulated in my area and eat all the fish in the ponds </div></div> ah i see, i live in a desert so they don't bother anyone

1st of all oosickness.....awesome picture / short video, I almost didn't even read what you posted.

2nd of all, yes people shoot turtles. You haven't lived until you pop a little head off as he sticks it out of the water. If you think I am making this up, ask Turtle sniper. Sounds harsh but will make you giggle when you do it. I actually got an applause by a couple of buddies this weekend when I sent one flying out of the water in pieces using my suppressed 10/22...but I digress. DVMPointus, I still like your gun.

WELL, now I have something new to try this summer.

Great looking 10/22 I like that barrel setup. My turtle game is to catch them sunning then shoot the rock under them too see how high in the air I can flip them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oosickness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTG 1977</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is soooooo pretty. How does she shoot? Any turtles left in that pond? </div></div>
People shoot turtles? interesting..I can understand the squirrels and what not, but hey to each his own </div></div>
i grew up shooting turtles with a .22, i didnt feel bad because the lake was infested with them. they were affecting the bass population on our small 20 acre lake. every now and then we would catch some poor bass missing half of his jaw, or a fin missing. i saw them like the hogs that also were infesting the area, a nuisance species that can not be fully removed from the area. needless to say, the fishing got better and i got to play conservation officer at the age of 10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vizsla owned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking 10/22 I like that barrel setup. My turtle game is to catch them sunning then shoot the rock under them too see how high in the air I can flip them. </div></div>

Hit them with a 17M2, then spin off like a discus.

Sorry DVMpontius, I think everyone likes your new gun. However, I think we could start a new thread for shooting turtles. Maybe call it "show us your snapper" or something like that.

Ha it's alright, i'm definitely going to have to try this now after hearing all these stories.

It shoots good enough for me. With Federal bulk all 10 from a mag are on a prairie dog sized steel plate @100 yards prone. Way more fun to shoot subs at raccoons from about 30 yds though

That just looks like fun fun fun!!!!!! What subs do you use? I can not find a clean burning sub in a 10/22.

Right now I am using the remington 39gr subs because I got them pretty cheap. They're pretty dirty though. Good luck finding a clean burning 22 sub, I feel like that's kind of like searching for the holy grail haha

VERY pretty. I went back and forth between that stock for myself. Really like it. Nice work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DVMPontius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It shoots good enough for me. With Federal bulk all 10 from a mag are on a prairie dog sized steel plate @100 yards prone. Way more fun to shoot subs at raccoons from about 30 yds though </div></div>
Haven't shot it for groups really, but just dicking around it's hitting 10 shots in 2-3" at 100.