• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 build

Well, chart said you are on point. I zeroed that one at 100m and do more hold-off.

Attachments

• 22 LR Trajectory Charts (1).pdf
    206.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Moe Ron
Just all depends on what you want to do with it.

Mines just a plinker.

If Ruger was smart, they would offer just a receiver/bolt option since many shooters end up replacing most of the other parts anyway.

I’m fixing to go down this 10/22 rabbit hole. Got a KRG Bravo on pre-order. Intend to do a Kidd bull barrel, trigger upgrades etc. But I have this question. Why in the world do we do this?😂 Take a $200 rifle and replace virtually everything on it. Have a crap load of money spent and still just have a 22 auto.
I think the answer is probably “Cause we can”😎
Current configuration. Input appreciated.View attachment 7442517
Single best thing.to improve the stock 10/22 is a trigger.
This is where you can spend a lot of money but don't necessarily need to unless you need bragging rights

The last time I counted I have over ten of these rifles.
Back to triggers, it's all about choice and what works for you.
I have Brimstone triggers in all of mine,some bolt work/parts and just enjoy the gun(s).
You should check out Rimfiresports.com for your parts, he's a small shop,usually has what you need in stock and shipping is always free.

Most of all just do the basics coupled with Some elbow grease and ENJOY the gun.
It's a fun gun right out of the box.

A few years ago I installed the Volquartsen target hammer on mine. Best $35 I spent on the gun. Only thing I kicked myself for, and recently fixed, is getting an auto bolt release (why Ruger hasn't made this standard yet baffles me) and an extended mag release when I also upgraded the trigger.

I’m fixing to go down this 10/22 rabbit hole. Got a KRG Bravo on pre-order. Intend to do a Kidd bull barrel, trigger upgrades etc. But I have this question. Why in the world do we do this?😂 Take a $200 rifle and replace virtually everything on it. Have a crap load of money spent and still just have a 22 auto.
I think the answer is probably “Cause we can”😎
Current configuration. Input appreciated.View attachment 7442517

On mine the only ruger parts are the trigger which has been modified. :) Kidd trigger or send the factory trigger to brimstone, http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/ruger-10-22/ Does the Bravo have a second anchor point? The titan stock my be something to consider too. I have both Green Mountain and feddersen barrels on builds, they both shoot well.

Thanks for the input gents. Yeah just gonna be a plinker but bragging rights would be nice too 😬 I’ll do the scotch brite thing on the bolt. Here’s what Snyder has on the Bravo https://snyderprecision.com/krg-10-22-bravo-preorder/
Funny story about me being a senile old fart. Couple weekends ago I mounted the scope and bore sighted it. Put it back in the case, ready to go to the range. Last weekend I go to the range. Had some problems with erratic hits. Blamed it on the cheap Thunderbolt ammo. Come home, disassemble and start cleaning. Noticed the scope has slid all the way back in the rings. Ring and base screws totally loose. 😳
My user name is not a joke 😂

Ruger action, bolt and spring. BX trigger, Kidd barrel, auto bolt release in a Victor Co. Titan stock with rear anchor, with a Henderson Arca rail. Topped with an Athlon 6x24x50 Midas TAC in a Zero Delta single mount and a 40 MOA EGW rail.... Leaves me with 20 mils of elevation.
10 22 on tripod.jpg

So far I'm not saving any money on Boollets LOL

Bell and Carlson anshultz OD green
Kidd parts
1 stage,,kit with reduced spring s,,
charging handle,,guiderod,,springs
bolt release,,extend mag release
20minute Kidd scope base
Federson 16 barrel,pillar bedding.
Got a extended take down screw,,
oem just a tad too short
CPC bolt work radius,,pinned Kidd firing pin

For now maybe my spare red dot
Then as usally shoot this offhand
still undecided on scope.

Picture from before everything is finised
Just sent bolt to CPC

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_205325324.jpg
    IMG_20201010_205325324.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: OldSalty2
Thanks for the input gents. Yeah just gonna be a plinker but bragging rights would be nice too 😬 I’ll do the scotch brite thing on the bolt. Here’s what Snyder has on the Bravo https://snyderprecision.com/krg-10-22-bravo-preorder/
Funny story about me being a senile old fart. Couple weekends ago I mounted the scope and bore sighted it. Put it back in the case, ready to go to the range. Last weekend I go to the range. Had some problems with erratic hits. Blamed it on the cheap Thunderbolt ammo. Come home, disassemble and start cleaning. Noticed the scope has slid all the way back in the rings. Ring and base screws totally loose. 😳
My user name is not a joke 😂

Stock receivers don't have a second hold down, the titan indexes with the trigger guard. On my wooden stocks I added a brass screw to the stock that indexes the cleaning hole on the back of the receiver.

^^ Whats you feeling on the effectiveness of this "screw in the cleaning hole" - not much I can find about it on the interweb (maybe I'm using the wrong search terms - what is it "called"??) Thanks

Well my trigger group is off to Brimstone. Gonna do Tier 2 and mag release . And so it begins 😎

^^ Whats you feeling on the effectiveness of this "screw in the cleaning hole" - not much I can find about it on the interweb (maybe I'm using the wrong search terms - what is it "called"??) Thanks

Some shooters drill a hole in the back of the 10/22 reciever so a cleaning rod can be inserted and a patch or brush run through the barrel from the breach end.

Well my trigger group is off to Brimstone. Gonna do Tier 2 and mag release . And so it begins 😎

You are going to like the mag release. Just pull back a little and the mag drops right out. Far superior to factory.

Does anyone know how these compare to Kidd? I have never tried any Kidd products.

I have a Brimstone tier one and it compares very nicely to my Kidd single stage. Kidd has the advantage it has adjustable pull weight and zero creep. I consider my Kidd single stage trigger to be the best gun money I ever spent.

Reactions: smooth
Some shooters drill a hole in the back of the 10/22 reciever so a cleaning rod can be inserted and a patch or brush run through the barrel from the breach end.
Thanks - I did understand the cleaning thing, it was using this hole as a bedding method that I was interested in . . .

Reactions: IrishWind
Summit Precision Carbon wrapped threaded barrel
Kidd receiver (anchored) with 20moa rail
Power Custom trigger
PMACA long chassis
Vortex Tactical 4-16x44 FFP
Burris PEPR mount
MFT Utility Battlelink stock painted black
Crappy Atlas knockoff bipod painted black
48A82951-FDA9-41EB-91F8-7D0DEDEA9F04.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: OldSalty2