• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

10/22 Cheap trigger upgrades.

BLJ

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
I'm looking for 1) cheap/budget friendly. 2) drop in/no fitting. 3) lighter/more consistent. What's the compromise of all 3? Thanks.

Cheap is a bit relative. Here is a less expensive option that is not cheaply made. Check out the BX trigger drop in from Ruger - they are nice and a great upgrade for $60-$80 depending on what you can find online. I know other companies like KIDD make much nicer drop ins, but this is a good one for way less.

Reactions: XLR308
Never even gave it a thought. Sear/hammer/spring kits are approaching that price. And it is drop in simplicity. I think that will work.

I will agree on "cheap" being relative. Thanks

Just buy a Kidd drop in. Better yet find a buddy that wants one too and take advantage of the 15$ off of each going on right now.

Rather than buy a kit, why not speak with a good gunsmith and allow him to work on getting the weight/break you want and set the over travel. You then get the perfect custom trigger. And if you have a good Smith it won't break the bank.

Cheap is a bit relative. Here is a less expensive option that is not cheaply made. Check out the BX trigger drop in from Ruger - they are nice and a great upgrade for $60-$80 depending on what you can find online. I know other companies like KIDD make much nicer drop ins, but this is a good one for way less.

I went this route with the 50th anniversary 10/22 I built into a light weight plinking rifle with a Tac/Sol sleeved barrel.
The BX trigger was a marked improvement even in such a light rifle.

Send your factory trigger or Ruger BX trigger group to Brimstone gunsmithing, for budget options you will want to get either the Tier 3 ($45) or Tier 2 ($85) trigger job package. I have a Tier 2 and it is outstanding, the best trigger I've ever had on a 10/22 short of a full blown $230 Kidd trigger assembly.

Randy at CPC does an amazing trigger job as well. $199 for the whole thing is a bargain

+1 on Randy's work, he can do a 'makeover' on a whole factory rifle and turn a mediocre rifle into a shooter. On the triggers, I assume you meant $99 that he does a makeover on a factory trigger. Definitely his work is great, I have one he did about 10 years ago, still using it. Between him and Brimstone, definitely the top two choices for taking an existing factory trigger group and transforming it to awesome.

Reactions: OutThere
Another vote for Randy. Excellent work, fast turnaround.

I’ll vote for the Brimstone tier 3 work. I had two done, one a 3 and one a 2. Both are really good. The 3 almost feels better than the 2. But i do like the new trigger that comes with the 2.

I will look into brimstone and cpc. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

I can pretty much have any trigger I want and for the most part I have.
Then I got to the point of being tired of having $200 fun guns with $300 triggers.
I tried a Brimstone trigger job about 8 years ago, simple and worth it's price.

I say this with the attitude of keeping a $200 fun and reasonable

I think I'm going with Brimstone as well. My dad is sending his off Monday. My 2 will probably go out next week as well. Tier 2's for all 3 rifles. It may be a month, but I'll report back. Thanks.

While I love Brimstone and have more than a few of their Tier 1-2- & 3's, no one is better with metal trigger groups than CPC. Polymer groups are easier to make 'good' Metal groups because of the casting variations take skill to make right!