• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 scope mount help

Norcal911

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2017
I have an old school 10/22 target that has a GM barrel. Many years ago, i had the barrel tapped for one of the 6 hole Power Custom scope bases which taps into both the receiver and barrel. My thought at the time was that it tied the receiver and barrel together, sort of counteracting the barrel droop inducing V block. Been reading lots here on the hide and decided to go with some seekins mounts as an upgrade my old warne vertically split rings. Went to mount it up tonight and the recoil lug on the seekins is obviously picatiny standard while the rail is weaver......the lug is too big and won't go on the bases. I don't want to get rid of the base, i really like it tying the system together. What are my options? I'm thinking i need a gunsmith or at least a machinist to machine the slots to pic standard width??? Am i misding something here? Do i have another option besides losing the power custom base? I'm pretty supetstitous about that base......this thing shoots way better than it has any right to. I just want to make it bullet proof with the seekins rings. Any thoughts would be appreciated-Nocal911

Well obviously something isn’t to spec. Measure both the base and mount to find out which one is closer to spec. You might be able to contact the manufacture of either one and get it replaced. Or like you said have a gunsmith open up the slots to spec.

I might be saying it wrong but I called power custom....very friendly/helful by the way. This old rail is Weaver.....my Seeking rings are picatinny. Guess my only choice is to have the rail slots opened up a bit. I'm not going away from this rail, I like the way it ties the action/barrel together. Thx, thought i might be missing something-Norcal911

Your options are either to (1) purchase new scope rings that are for weaver rails, (2) machine the weaver rail, or (3) replace the rail with a picatinny rail. The cheapest option would be to purchase weaver scope rings. Having the rail machined will cost no less than $50 and most likely probably more.