• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 10/22 scope suggestions?

adluginb

#1 dad
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Looking for some suggestions on a scope for my 10/22. Looking for best quality scope <$450. Would like something with target turrets and maybe up to 16x. Thanks for ideas.

Re: 10/22 scope suggestions?

I picked this one up from a member here. Falcon Menace 5.5-25X56mm FFP, mil/mil. $415.00 delivered. Check the for sale section.
DSC00270.jpg

Thanks for suggestions. I do need something that will focus as close as 25 yards also if that makes a difference.

I have never put anything above a 10 power scope on a .22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adluginb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for some suggestions on a scope for my 10/22. Looking for best quality scope <$450. Would like something with target turrets and maybe up to 16x. Thanks for ideas. </div></div>
If you're looking for a FFP (First Focal Plane) scope I'd say go with a Falcon Menace 4-14X 44mm w/0.1 MIL (1/10th MIL) adjustments and the ML16 Reticle. Falcon scopes have great features (First Focal Plane and matched MIL/MIL reticle/adjustments) and decent glass for a low price. The other side of the coin is Falcon's Customer Service is non-existent, so you'll have to rely on the dealer you buy from for Customer Service. I recommend buying through Scott Berish at Liberty Optics or Robert Snyder of RWS Gunsmithing. Both have good prices on the Falcon and excellent Customer Service.

<span style="font-style: italic">**Shameless self-serving plug:**</span> If FFP scopes aren't your thing, I happen to be selling two (2) old school Leupold scopes. These are Leupolds from the 1990s' that have only spent time on .22LRs' - and one of them has rarely even had .22LRs' fired under it because its' always resided on top of a safe queen Kimber Model 82.

On a flat (zero MOA base) I can dial a little past 200 yards using Wolf MT 40 gr. With an EGW 20 MOA base on your 10/22 you should be able to get to about 300 yards. Both of the Vari-X IIcs' I'm selling with focus down to less than 20 yards at their full magnification of 12X.

Check-out my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Vari-X IIc 4-12X 40mm A.O. w/Leupold Dot"</span></span> and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Vari-X IIc 4-12X 40mm A.O. Fine Duplex"</span></span> For Sale threads. I'm selling each one for <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$375.00 Shipped & Insured.</span></span> <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm not interested in any trades, and Postal Money Order Only Please.</span> TIA for looking.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heltsley</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell 3200 10x Mil/Mil $175 from Midwayusa.com

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=950843 </div></div>

Great deal for the money Mil/Mil is great. With it being a fixed power scope the retical being FFP or SFP is not an issue.
</div></div>
However, the lack of parallax adjustment make make it annoying to shoot unless you like shooting your 10/22 at 100 yards.

I've always liked the bushnell 3200 5-15 for a .22, it's SFP, the reticle is a little thick but at .22 yardages it's not bad. Usually can be found under $300.

It depends on how far you want to shoot as well. The nice thing about the SFP on the bushnell 3200 was that I could turn down the power to say 7.5x to increase the holdovers to 10 mils. It was pretty easy to get holdovers to 250 yards at 7.5x, at 15x it would run to about 150 yards with 50yd zero, if you ran a 100 yard zero you could get to 200 at 15x and almost 300 at 7.5x. In fact the first one I had wasn't a tactical turret model and it was fine I just knew my holdovers.

With the 3-12 bushnell 4200's FFP scope at around $550 on sale right now is quite the deal. The falcon is nice as well custom service seems great, but quality seems a bit hit and miss, but for the extra $150 or so I'd probably try the 3-12 4200.

I'm on the same quest for my recently purchased 10/22 Volquarsen. I'd like a tactical scope since this is a trainer for distance & wind calls, up to 200 meters so FFP, 0,1 mrad, >25 yd side parallax, good elevation as well as target turrets is a must - what do you guys reckon I should buy? Sightron SIII 3,5-10x44 mrad, or is there better value for money to be found elsewhere perhaps?

I own a redfield revolution 3-9x50 with the accu-reticle (redfields version of a BDC) that I use as a scope just to slap on new rifles before they get their own scopes or just to have around just in case, but I have to say its really not a bad scope for about $200. Its got leupold glass in it and has served me well as far as durability is concerned. I think that this would be a great scope for a .22. If you wanted to get a little close to the $450 mark, i would look at the vortex viper or a nikon monarch.

I lot less $$ than your budget but on rimfire central the mueller APV gets a lot of support, AO to under 25yds, I have one and no complaints, if I wanted to play with the 10/22 at over 200yds it may need some moa adjustable rings. I run some 50$ bsa 6-18 AO scopes on my loaners, and other than needing to tighten the allens on the turrets, no problems with 30 people using them for 4000 rds.