• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 sell or keep question

GH41

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2014
I backed into a 10/22 from an older friend who was thinning his herd. It has a spiral fluted blue Shaw barrel and a Boyd Barracuda RH stock. The rifle shoots well but I would rather have a sporter stock and lighter barreled gun for all around use than a bench gun. My question is.... Would you guys sell the rifle as built and start over with a new rifle or replace the barrel and stock on the one I own??

Any work done to the bolt or trigger group? If so, sell the stock and barrel and rebuild it back up.

If it just has a new stock and barrel, sell the whole thing and buy a Ruger LVT model.

If it has an aluminum trigger group I would keep it and part out the stock and barrel. If it has plastic trigger group I would sell it and get what you want. I think Aluminum trigger groups can be tweaked with just a couple of parts and give great trigger pull. The plastic trigger group is not so great.