• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

10/22-t or K10/22-t...how do you like it?

rweldon

Sergeant
Minuteman
I'm thinking about getting the wife a nice little rimfire rifle. I always liked the the 10/22's. I had two of them growing up. Those of you that have the 10/22-t or K10/22-t...how do you like it? If you have pics, could you share a few? I've never seen one before.

Re: 10/22-t or K10/22-t...how do you like it?

Not the T model but my wife likes it classic. She still watches "I Love Lucy"... Here's one I built for my wife.
Brians10-22004.jpg

Re worked barrel, removed front sight, re worked bolt, trigger done & bolt handle/extended mag release, real walnut stock & etc...
Oh yeah, it is "K" 10/22. Get her a stainless.

In a recent Finnish gun magazine Rekyyli (Recoil in English) there was a review on a Ruger 10/22T-TGT. Judging from the pictures the gun was a regular 10/22T with a new stock. No free floating barrels etc.

The smallest group 5-shot with the gun was 5mm@50m (0.195"@55yards) averaging 14,3mm@50m with Lapua Midas L. Most of the cheap bulk ammo shot around 20mm-30mm@50m.

Before this issue, a Ruger 10/22 Charger was reviewed also. It shot under 10mm@50m groups with some Fiocchi Match ammo. Very impressive accuracy for a short barreled factory semiauto.

I´d like to know if all 10/22 T´s are capable of achieving 10mm@50m or were guns tested only random good specimens? What is quality of the T-models and does it vary much?

My 10/22 rocks. Has the laminated stock and I'm putting a Hogue on it. It is a great piece for the application of plinking and cheap trigger time.

Pupp: The 1022 has evolved into one of the most accessorized firearms on the market. While you could spend well into four figures buying custom match-grade parts and assembling a "super" 1022, with just a little garage-type gunsmithing, a regular box-stock 1022 can be tweaked to shoot under a half inch.

This link should take you to the February 2009 feature article from Precision Shooting on accurizing tips for the 1022 and 7722 (bolt action): http://www.precisionshooting.com/psm_2009_02_frame.html

The 1022 can be either a fairly plain working tool or a work-in-progress that never quite ends.

The precision shooting article above mentions some ways to tighten the barrel to the receiver. Personally, I prefer the following product.

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AVB001

If you want a 10-22T, I suggest that you consider buying a used stainless model that has the aluminum trigger housing and if you really want the best 10-22T, you need to find one that is old enough to have the clear coated receiver. Current production is painted.

Personally, I would buy the cheapest used base model 10-22 I could find with the aluminum trigger group, add a Green Mountain barrel, get Randy at CPC to tune the trigger, add a bolt stop buffer and the barrel stabilizer noted above and start shooting.

One more thing and in my view it's the most important modification you can make. Replace the metal bolt stop buffer with a plastic one ASAP. They cost less than $10 and they really reduce wear on the rifle.

Good luck - the options for the 10-22 have increased a lot in the last several years so as you are probably noticing, you have a lot of options.

I have worked with running shooting programs including events designed around the accurized 10/22.

IMHO the 10/22T is a fine firearm with the accuracy comparable to the lower tier of the custom acccurized versions. Good barrel, kinda pedestrian stock design, and the internals didn't seem vastly (any?) different from the standard model.

You can home-build an accurized model that is probably as or more accurate, has a nicer trigger and controls, a nicer stock, and probably do it cheaper than the factory model.

If you don't want to go to the trouble, the factory 10/22T will serve you very nicely.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silver78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Personally, I would buy the cheapest used base model 10-22 I could find with the aluminum trigger group, add a Green Mountain barrel, get Randy at CPC to tune the trigger, add a bolt stop buffer and the barrel stabilizer noted above and start shooting. </div></div>
That´s one option I´m also considering. Here in Finland blued 10/22T costs 450 € (T-TGT is 600 €) and the very basic model is 255 €. Used ones can be had around 180 €.

We don´t have access to the kind of selection of 10/22 parts as you have in US and private importing from US is a bit difficult process. Local gunsmith advertises Adams & Bennett and Lothar Walther barrels. I have to ask how much a drop-in 10/22 barrel would cost. Basic Ruger with LW barrel, possibly tuned (or Kidd) trigger and a new laminate stock sounds pretty good to me.

Have a bone stock SS 10/22 and then there is the one I shoot all the time... Tactical Solutions bbl with my AA suppressor< Volquartsen trigger group and a Hogue overmolded stock. Prolly my favorite rifle to shoot of them all

Well since no one else is doing it....

Here's how mine started out, pretty much stock with a Mueller APV 4-14 scope. Shot great but jammed like a mofo on sub-sonics.

ruger_side.jpg

Now its like this!
n1405194643_279980_8195579.jpg

B&C Anschutz stock, KID trigger and guide rod kit (with lighter spring for subsonic ammo), KID match bolt, EGW 20moa base, Warne rings, Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15 mildot scope, Skeeter's adjustable v-block, Harris bi-pod, TIS Quick-cuff sling... still running the stock barrel and receiver (stripped of the cheesy silver paint).

I got 2nd place in the match that day.
smile.gif