• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 with Heavy short barrel

Radar360

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2010
N. Tx
I came across some new 10/22's with some very heavy short, not sure if its 18 or 20 inch
Factory barrel. Stock is nothing too special but it's not exactly the Tupperware version either.
It's priced at $450.

Does anyone have any experience with this set up? I'm thinking it could be a sweet tac rife, ESP
If get it threaded I could use my sparrow with it. I'm looking for advise, experiences, etc. Also maybe a good aftermarket stock.

My apology if this is already covered. I confess I'm not a search wiz. Would I be paying too much for the rifle if I pay the $450 asking price?

Thanks in advance.

Is it the model that comes with a bipod? That would be the 10/22 Tactical and it comes with a 16" barrel in a Hogue stock. $450 is a decent price on it if it is this model. They sell around us for $470 and I have seen them online for $425 plus shipping and ffl. They are a little hard to come by right now with the panic. I picked up a Hogue target model that was built for Cabella's a while back and it's a great little gun. FYI retail on the tactical is $579

Smurph, Yes, that's the one. I'm checking it out again. Hopefully, it's still there.

Nice one of my coworkers picked one up last thursday. Funny thing was he had two ruger BX25 mags and about 1000rds of ammo about 3 months before he ever bought the 10/22. I was finally able to get a bulk pack 22LR (325rds) from a local shop yesterday so hopefully this week we will go somewhere to shoot them.