• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

10/22s and Ruger chargers

Re: 10/22s and Ruger chargers

It is the same action on both... The difference being the length of the barrel and stock... You could put a 10/22 barreled action next to a Charger and the only difference is the 8" shorter barrel on the charger...

They are the same. I had a 10/22 barrel shortened & threaded to put on my Charger for when I get a suppressor. They are definitely fun to shoot.

Bear in mind you can't legally make a Charger with a carbine receiver without the SBR stamp ($200).

If it has the short barrel, it needs to be marked "Charger".

Sportsman's Guide has sold "kits" to do the conversion.

In my experience, the Charger Pistol is actually inherintly more accurate than the 10/22 rifle. They are a really versatile platform that can do just about anything once you ditch that factory stock........

If you want to keep the same barrel on it, then you'd have to sbr it. Otherwise you'd have to put a ≥16" barrel on it. I also think this negates it from ever being setup as a handgun again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to keep the same barrel on it, then you'd have to sbr it. Otherwise you'd have to put a &#8805;16" barrel on it. I also think this negates it from ever being setup as a handgun again. </div></div>

If originally recognized on paper as a pistol, it can be changed to rifle and back. If originally recognized on paper as a rifle, you're SOL and need SBR papers (my understanding from building AR pistols).

I think there is some general confusion on this issue and the way the BATFE and courts work, we could both be wrong and both be right.

I found this letter (which applies to a question about an Uzi, but is the same principle):
sorrycharlie.jpg

One can see differing opinions from the ATF in many letters posted in various online communities.
dar-if you are worried about it, you may want to contact ATF and see what they say (then you will always have an answer in writing to back up any actions you take).

If you find yourself under ATF scrutiny for changing a charger into a legal length 10/22 in a full stock, then you probably already have larger problems with them.