• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 AM 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Well this hot miserable bastard is grabbing some elevation in the morning and doing a photo op with review of a fine bourbon tomorrow night. In the trees, with my quad, away from the office and god bless my beautiful wife but a break from her to? All I need is for Wiley to come to the call and I’ll make him famous? Can’t target shoot due to the fire ban that comes with a $5,000 dollar hickey but can still hunt critters in season. 1/2 minute of squirrel anyone?

Reactions: 1J04 and MtnCreek
100? Still jacket weather. Supposed to be warmish around here today...

View attachment 6916899

I lived in El Lago... right on Galveston Bay... for two years when I worked at NASA Johnson. It wasn't just hot. It was Africa hot. In fact... African Bushmen would visit and say "Damn... It's "Click, Clock Click" $#cking Hot!"

Cheers,

Sirhr

I lived in El Lago... right on Galveston Bay... for two years when I worked at NASA Johnson. It wasn't just hot. It was Africa hot. In fact... African Bushmen would visit and say "Damn... It's "Click, Clock Click" $#cking Hot!"

Cheers,

Sirhr

Did you see the mosquitoes near the size of sparrows? Hard to believe til you see them. My buddy and I went out to cut firewood at dawn one am. It was really foggy when we got to the trees. Stepped out of the truck and there was one of them like that every foot in every direction as far as you could see. It was spooky. We got back in the truck, popped a beer, and went for tacos.

Did you see the mosquitoes near the size of sparrows? Hard to believe til you see them. My buddy and I went out to cut firewood at dawn one am. It was really foggy when we got to the trees. Stepped out of the truck and there was one of them like that every foot in every direction as far as you could see. It was spooky. We got back in the truck, popped a beer, and went for tacos.

Mosquito hawks. They look like giant mosquitos, but are not, and they do not sting...

Maggot,

I’ll be the first to tell you how great this weather is for shooting, sports, BBQ & beer. Not to mention going to the lake or just kicking it in my own pool. The weather here is badass.

Hotter than two rats fuckin’ in a wool sock here. I hate this weather. Tomorrow supposed to be in the mid 90’s with 70% humidity. I sweat just thinking about it. Best part is, an acre of corn transposes (gives off) 3-4 thousand gallons of water per day and we’re surrounded by it ?. Bring on winter I say.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
Mosquito hawks. They look like giant mosquitos, but are not, and they do not sting...

These were mosquitos. They stung. I exaggerate a bit on size but they were huge, and seeing them every cubic foot was spooky.

These were mosquitos. They stung. I exaggerate a bit on size but they were huge, and seeing them every cubic foot was spooky.

It's not the size that should scare you, it's the tenacity. Tiger mosquitos are the devil spawn encarnate. Once they identify you as a target they are relentless. I've seen them repeatedly slam into car windows, trying to get at me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aedes_albopictus

Tell that to the mosquitos. LOL. Crane fly/mosquito hawk the skeeter eater.

"Despite widely held beliefs that adult crane flies (or "mosquito hawks") prey on mosquito populations, the adult crane fly is anatomically incapable of killing or consuming other insects.[12]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

Reactions: Maggot
Winter here in Aus thankfully . Summer eats a bag , especially when the humiditah gets in the 90s .
The absolute worst time was a decade or so ago working in Borneo jungle . 110 f and what felt like
100% humidity , absolutely fucking exhausting . Makes 110 f in the desert with low humidity and
a bit of a breeze seem almost pleasant .