• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 Day wait OVER! here she is AW

s2jesse

Private
Minuteman
Ok 10 days are finally up. Weather just cleared enough for a few hours to give her a go....

I started out with the intention of picking up a 700p to put in an AI stock.. then i thought well maybe ill just get an AE. Then i figured damn well that's already a good chunk of change and i know ill just have an empty feeling heart for the AW so just ended up biting the bullet so to speak and got the AW which for whatever reason has always been my dream rifle:)

A little extreme for my first Long range rifle yes... but might as well do it right
smile.gif

I have shot hand guns and my ar's with iron sights. I have no clue what good shooting is as I have never really even shot a scoped rifle until today. Anyway this thing feels like cheating.. This thing is rock rock solid with an atlas bipod and the shmidt and bender scope is amazing!

Mind you i only had time due to weather to sight it in and put about 25 rounds through it at 100 yards. I cant wait to start learning to take it out MUCH farther. I managed to get a .2 inch group at 100yards. and rest well .5 and under using factory Black Hills 175 match ammo.

Anyway here are a bunch of pics of her.

5802777672_a1d8605d98.jpg

5802224073_f0d9a8e173.jpg

5802782264_7757a30714.jpg
5802786988_b8dbb8a1d4.jpg

5802786918_bc729fd0fe.jpg

Thanks to snipershide for all the great info i gathered when researching !!!

OH yeah http://www.flickr.com/photos/s2jesse/ for SUPER high res versions just click the little magnifying glass and click view all sizes in the upper right.

Jesse

Re: 10 Day wait OVER! here she is AW

You definitely could have done worse for your first rig. Beautiful!

Josh

First rig huh?? What are you going to do for your Second??

Nice rig by the way...

DK

Awesome photo-skills!

Hopefully that rifle doesnt stay that clean...Time to take some time off and go get it dirty, I'm sure your boss will understand.

Dude,
You're the new poster child for "buy once, cry once".
I spent three years buying and selling rifles getting to where I'm at now. I should have went your route, and spent 3 years paying for it. LOL
Just an FYI, this is a five shot group web site, I'm sure you won't have any problem punching tiny groups with that set-up, but it does put the pressure on. LOL
SScott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude,
Just an FYI, this <span style="font-weight: bold">WAS</span> a five shot group web site.
SScott </div></div>

Fixed it for you. Shooting groups sucks anyway...

Josh

Damn man !!

I think you are my new hero. I have been shooting for 20 years, and almost had a stroke unassing the funds for a used GAP.

That is an beautiful rifle, and some good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is like getting a Ferrari for your first car!</div></div>

Heh feel a little spoiled but worked my ass off to get her:))). Oh and I'll def go 5 shot groups next time:)

Good choice and great first precision rifle.....congrats!!

Having something that good means you needn't worry about your rifle or scope letting you down. It's all up to you now...nowhere to hide! That's why I love my AW.

Enjoy it! You've spent your money well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is like getting a Ferrari for your first car! </div></div>

LMAO

Talk about "But once, cry once". There is nowhere left to go but down.

This would be my dream rig in .338 LM. Great choice....

I think you got it right. I started with a 700 -5R and after spending about $2k on mods and $3K on ammo and training in the last year, I still want the AW
smile.gif

Nice super slo-mo water drop pics on your link! I'd love to see your slo-mo take of that AI brake at full song.

That is a beautiful rifle. It's a shame that the People's Republic of California made you wait 10 days for a bolt action rifle.

Definetly cheaper than buying a 700P then buying the AW after you realized what you were missing. Great looking rig, not many noobs go for the Shmidt and Bender on their first stick either... Nice

Wow, I just got my first entry into the long range world via barter recently myself, a R700 in .308..... now I don't mean to be rude but I can't stop myself from wondering how much a rig like yours would cost (you could PM me if you don't want to broadcast).

Man.... that rig is pretty much what I aspire to have but right now I think my rifle is out shooting me still so I'm going to look at this as a "starter rifle" that can be handed down to my son (Currently 1yo.) when I move up to something like yours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IndySSD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I just got my first entry into the long range world via barter recently myself, a R700 in .308..... now I don't mean to be rude but I can't stop myself from wondering how much a rig like yours would cost (you could PM me if you don't want to broadcast).

Man.... that rig is pretty much what I aspire to have but right now I think my rifle is out shooting me still so I'm going to look at this as a "starter rifle" that can be handed down to my son (Currently 1yo.) when I move up to something like yours.</div></div>
About $10k

I will give it to you that you bought a very high end rifle, but the problem is that guns are addictive. Even when you get a high end rifle, you are going to need another caliber eventually, and then another, and . . . well you get the point.

Very nice set up though. You should have a lot of fun with that.

Well, what that set you back? Hopefully you enjoy the hobby! Looks like you don't have a chance not too! Haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle.

You take those pics in a ballet studio, what's with the bar on the wall?

</div></div>
LMAO!!! I saw that too... must be a Cali thing...

Nice piece!

maybe he is learning ballet so that he can make fun of them and show them how queer they are.

Just watched "The Other Guys" go Marky Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe he is learning ballet so that he can make fun of them and show them how queer they are.

Just watched "The Other Guys" go Marky Mark</div></div>

Lol. That movie made me think twice about leaving my car unattended in some worse parts of Detroit.

-Travis

Fantastic decision. I made a very similar decision about a year ago. I bought an sps tactical with plans of upgrading it. I decided on a an AICS, and was going to go that route... but thought more and more about what I really wanted. Ended up getting an AW with a Schmidt and Bender. I have to say, it was the best thing I ever did for my shooting.

After spending thousands of dollars on ammo, I must say that the AW was the best money I ever spent.

Good work, sir.

Beautiful setup and beautiful shooting.

I just picked up my AE308 Mk II with a Nightforce optic, kind of the baby brother to your rig. Just 40 rounds in, I'm really pleased with it. I can already tell the Accuracy International is the kind of rifle you just don't get rid of, compared to some I've had in the past.

The feel of that stock, the trigger, the effectiveness of the muzzle brake, and the recoil pad all coming together into one package makes them such a joy to shoot.

You can bet that I'll have something more like an AW or AX in 338 later on down the road once I have my reloading and technique a bit more in control.

I have no doubts you'll get years of enjoyment out of that setup!

That is a terrific rifle. Been shooting AI rifles for about 15yrs and can't seem to stop. Keep acquiring more.

Where do you shoot? Sac Valley?

DD

Nice stick! I will have one some day.

The barrel change tool might come in handy later down the road, but for now just shoot it up and enjoy the smoothness. haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike#9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what bolt are you using in your ai </div></div>

Dude, you serious? He's using the bolt that came with the rifle. It's clearly a short action, it's clearly a .308, and its clear you got somethin you wanna sell.

Congrats on a beautiful "first rifle".

I bet that "10 days" felt like 10 years after you signed the form!

Kevin

Thats a good looking rifle my friend, and it looks like its pretty damn accurate too! Sucks that you had to wait 10 days until you could take it home.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MPB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a good looking rifle my friend, and it looks like its pretty damn accurate too! Sucks that you had to wait 10 days until you could take it home.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Yeah, to think Cali does this to prevent a crime of passion kinda thing, you get 10 days to "rethink: your crime..lol

What about the 30 other guns I already have? Cali has some Dumb laws..

Ch

Congrats
I could have saved so much money had I just got the AW first. My collection has been shrinking ever since I got my AW. Bar none the best rifle I have ever fired. If you feel the need to buy something else. Screw a 6.5 barrel on it next.

You are spoiled now , after having sampled the AIs , you will not want to use other rifles , be prepared to NOW be addicted to AI rifles , you will want more AIs & less other brands .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice way to spend over 10 grand! </div></div>

You could always buy a new KX450f...
wink.gif