• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 Tips for shooting in the winter

We shot two weekends out of the last three that was 25degrees or less.. Great fun.. !! My tip: Handwarmers are great addition if you run light trigger!!
B
Edit to add, Make sure you don't breathe on the scope.. haha.. doh!

Handwarmers on the kidneys help.... Having lost car keys in the snow... 6-8" piece of bright flagging attached to your key ring just in case....

Reactions: Cjwise5 and BrienM
-11 here the other day. that's 11 degrees below zero for folks who can't do math... :ROFLMAO:

Still did my 40 rounds at 600 yards and shot <MOA before my work schedule. Froze my ass off but still managed to hit what I'm shooting at. We are appeased. Frozen yet appeased. :cool: Oh yeah, there's over a foot of snow on the ground so getting prone on the snow and getting set up is challenging. But we didn't waste our ammunition and we are appeased with our new Vortex Golden Eagle. Winter sucks less when we have a goal and can lay in sub zero snow for 40 minutes and still smile.

VooDoo

-11 here the other day. that's 11 degrees below zero for folks who can't do math... :ROFLMAO:

Still did my 40 rounds at 600 yards and shot <MOA before my work schedule. Froze my ass off but still managed to hit what I'm shooting at. We are appeased. Frozen yet appeased. :cool: Oh yeah, there's over a foot of snow on the ground so getting prone on the snow and getting set up is challenging. But we didn't waste our ammunition and we are appeased with our new Vortex Golden Eagle. Winter sucks less when we have a goal and can lay in sub zero snow for 40 minutes and still smile.

VooDoo
1551664_10203659874711010_5319221139956099898_n.jpg

High of -8 and low of -17 degrees here today until Monday☃️. Then back into the 20's, 2 feet of snow and no tripod maybe have to shoot from inside the vehicle to get some trigger time in, LOL.

When there is a lot of snow out and most roads are closed we go the places they keep plowed open for logging operations. I will lay right in the middle of the dry dirt road to shoot the 1776 yard rock. The best spots are beyond the sign that says closed for the winter, the only people back there are dad, I and the loggers, lol.

-27/-35 here right now. Going down to -37/-45 tonight. Last weekend we were out at the lake ice-fishing, and we were all thankful to be in a big tent with a heater. Tear-down at the end sucked, and that wind really got to ya after just a few minutes.

This coming weekend is supposed to be colder. Enjoy your balmy-tropics.

Where I live, has been known to be called "Winterpeg Manisnowba" for good reason.

High of -8 and low of -17 degrees here today until Monday☃️. Then back into the 20's, 2 feet of snow and no tripod maybe have to shoot from inside the vehicle to get some trigger time in, LOL.
We hit -26 this morning.

If possible, shoot from a crest and use a lightweight collapsible snow shovel (used also in snowshoeing or backcountry skiing) to clear the shooting area.

I shoot in a 1pc insulated suit. Carhart if it is dry or a CB goretex if snow is on the ground. I also use a foam roll up sleeping pad under my shooting mat. If I shoot out of the truck I use a 4x8' sheet of foam insulation. MIght not be best for positional shooting however it beats not going at all. Not alot of sub 0 here but up at mom's -5 to -20 is the norm for this time of year. NIce uncrowded ranges no matter where it is this time of year makes it worth the the effort.

2553C197-A147-4BFC-AF02-E2D9241F46C2.jpeg

If you wont shoot in the snow in Minnesota that means you can only shoot like 3.5 weeks out of the year..... lol

the key to all cold weather activities for me is stay dry—at all
Costs. Cold and dry can quickly be resolved. Cold and wet means day is over

Don't mind all you all coming to visit, just don't forget to go home. ;)
Wouldnt move there, ya'll is Blue. ;) Im going where its all Red. Being as Im a redneck, Ill fit right in.

Sat morning my phone starts ringing....buddy waited for his rifle to come in for 6 months, finally got it.... he was acting like a 6yr old at christmas.-31below ...we sighted it in.....

Reactions: Cjwise5
dress in layers and bring pocket warmers and feet warmers :giggle: being warm is really nice when Its freezing out side also a grill to cook your self and others hot food is super fun . a grilled steak and some sides makes a good day at the range a wonderful experience any time of year .

Reactions: Cjwise5