• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

1022 quad rail fit on butler creek folder?

Re: 1022 quad rail fit on butler creek folder?

it isn't too bad of a little project to get one of those quad rails to fit with a bull barrel, even easier with a factory barrel, under and hour to mod the stock and fit everything just right, just need a dremel and a file and some good music.
I did one on a factory carbine stock I modified otherwise to suit as well, but the nose of the Butler Creek folder is about exactly the same only probably even easier to remove material with a dremel than the wood stock I chewed on.:).............
Cool part is you get to actually fit the barrel interface portion up front on the nose with a bull barrel, so the barrel is in there really tight at the nose, the top and bottom are screwed together around the whole stock and barrel up front with 4 screws and it is a really solid unit that way AND the R/T Quantum 12" barrel is good to go in this arrangement, there is no bedding needed, this configuration has made several kills out well past 100 yards out to 135 where the cross hairs in that compact 2-8X40 scope begin to completely cover the small Sage Rat targets, then it gets a little tougher for a guy like me, I need either smaller cross hairs or more magnification after about 120, plus the bullet is really coming in at an angle at that distance, but yeah, even the accuracy is there, the nose is not only solidly clamshelled together but the barrel is then also rigidly affixed to the receiver all as one unit at that point because the rail is one piece from the rear of the scope rail all the way forward to the front of the nose, and it seems to work WITH the harmonics not against them.........

DSCN7108.jpg

wow good job skeeter! Thanks for the info! Do you think with some see thru mounts the iron sights would still be usable?

Skeeter,

What kind of magazine is that?