• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 10mm for what animals?

300WSM

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2004
WI
so thinking about getting a 10mm. What can I hunt with it? Gun would be a glock 20

Re: 10mm for what animals?

Deer, boar, but boar you would probably want to use a hard cast bullet.

Check out double tap they have alot of interesting loads.

People I know that hunt with the Glock 20 used 6 inch barrel offered by KKM and others

A lot of bear hunters around here are carrying them now.

most stuff as long as barrel is 5.25 or 5.5...id' get an extended bbl

I have a Lone Wolf 5.3" barrel and could not stand one sticking out any longer. You could go with a longer slide from Lone Wolf and have yourself a 6" conversion. When talking game and loads, Double Tap 200 gr. XTP will work well on deer and other medium sized game, I suppose someone who enjoys living life dangerously would hunt black bear or boar with it, but honestly I would be using something with more ass behind it. A G20 with DT 200 grain hardcast makes a nice backup with 15rds at your disposal, in fact the owner of DT told me he knew of someone who nailed a 1500 lb Bison in the shoulder from 15 yards, penetrated and broke it and broke the far shoulder and the animal dropped. Not too shabby IMO. The 10mm is a very versatile cartridge, you wont be disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My longslide was setup for Hogs.....and Zombies </div></div>

And the 2 legged types that go bump in the night... and steal stuff.

I just did a swap for a G20 so my Dan Wesson CBOB would not be the only 10mm in the safe. As stated previously it is a versital cartridge. I am loading 180gr Montana Gold JHP under 6.4gr of VV N350 and it is like a 40 S&W to just play around with at the range. I also use Double Tap ammo. I carry the 180gr loaded up with Speer Gold Dots from them in my DW.

I just got some GD bullets in to develop a load equal to the DT. The DT velocity out of my DW is 1300fps. Not too bad for a 4.25" barrel.

Not many animals in NA that you can't hunt with a 10mm
smile.gif

I've taken black bear, deer, moose, and elk with a Glock 20.

I figure it will take just about anything.

Semper Fidelis

bad ass hunting cartridge for a pistol, I have killed deer, hogs, armadillos and even occasionally an unfortunate bunny, hard to beat a 10mm in a pistol for penetration and knock down power

I have both, the glock 20 and custom 2011s in 10 mm, including a 6 inch 2011. I've been using the 10 on dear, boar and bear since the mid 90's. Excellent round. The Glock is in factory form. Though, I never took a shot much past 50 yard, but that's only due to my eyes. I usually get a bear tag and hunt boar at the same time. while deer hunting, I hunt in the thicket so a rifle becomes pretty much useless.

Makes a great all around catriage.

I have had my Colt Delta elite on every deer hunt i've gone on.Works well.