• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10th Mountain in Iraq equipment needs

TORKAR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
York, Pennsyltucky
My old Scout unit from 10th Mountain Div is in Iraq. I've been talking with the LT. via email and advised him I'd be happy to take up a collection of items and ship things that would make life more comfortable. The list he sent was for equipment rather than the usual deployment items... and while I don't have the budget to accomodate a good bit of it, I placed an order with Midway today to take care of the shooting mats and I'll be ordering either a ballistic computer or GPS. Below is the list and shipping address, any donations would be much appreciated.

If anyone is able to pony up some useful stuff, I'll pay the shipping to get it there.

Brian Torkar

Cobra Hood (Sniper gear)
Sniper shooting tri-pods
Tan netting
Black netting
Shooting mats
Horus Scopes (model: Falcon)
IPAQ 111 (Palm pilot used for balistic calculations-Our snipers attended a high winds shooting school several months ago where they learned to use a special program that can be installed on the IPAQ 111)
Oakley boots(sizes 10.5 R, 10 R, 6.5 W, 9.5 W)
Oakley Eye-wear
GPS's
Tactical gloves

Scout Platoon
HHC/4-31 IN
2 BCT 10th MTN DIV
FOB Hammer (JSS Cleary)
APO AE 09308

Re: 10th Mountain in Iraq equipment needs

They need to get in contact with americansnipers.org

A lot of that stuff have NSN's and can be ordered by their supply guy and can be made or acquired there.

Not to be a dick, but who uses shooting mats in Iraq? Buy a damn hadji blanket or something if the ground is too hard. Cobra hoods are easy to make. Joe can order his own Oakley boots on usstandard issue dot com and have them shipped in no time at all. GPS, they need to be using DAGR's. They aren't that big and are safer than civy versions. Gloves, go talk to a supply guy and get some nomex flight gloves.

Re: 10th Mountain in Iraq equipment needs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They need to get in contact with americansnipers.org

A lot of that stuff have NSN's and can be ordered by their supply guy and can be made or acquired there.

Not to be a dick, but who uses shooting mats in Iraq? Buy a damn hadji blanket or something if the ground is too hard. Cobra hoods are easy to make. Joe can order his own Oakley boots on usstandard issue dot com and have them shipped in no time at all. GPS, they need to be using DAGR's. They aren't that big and are safer than civy versions. Gloves, go talk to a supply guy and get some nomex flight gloves. </div></div>

My Thoughts Exactly.. Sounds a little strange...