• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

110Atip results in 8 twist 243/6creed?

Slides

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2020
Hunter Valley Australia
So, I have had a 28 inch full profile 6BR in 7.5 twist and a 26inch varmint 243 in 8 twist barrel made up by a smith. I went slower in the 243 with the intention it could still shoot factory varmint 87gr loads without bullets letting go. The BR is slightly faster than the 7.7 recommended min twist so I'm not concerned about it, chose twist specifically for the Atip. I have bought 600 of the 108eldm and 500 of the Atips to get started, will fireform/run in the 6BR with the cheaper 108 then swap it to Atips.

Has anyone had success with the 110atip with an 8 twist barrel? 108eldm are generally available here, have a good BC and achieve infinitely higher scores than Berger bullets you cannot buy. The A-tip seems to step up both BC and consistency in a meaningful way, if I can run these in an 8 twist I will only run one bullet in 6mm, assuming availability remains reasonable. The Hornady calculator give 1.38 gyro for it's starting conditions which is just under what I think they suggest as minimum.

Generally 18-38 Celsius with moderate humidity here at times I would shoot for score.