• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 112 bt 308 to a magnum bolt face?

PAYDIRT

Adair County Long Guns
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2017
N.E. Okla.
I have a Savage 112 bt it's a "f" series flat back receiver. It's a long action chambered 308. It just sits in the safe and I was thinking of rebarreling to a long action cartridge to play with for elr. I'll need to change the bolt head and I'm having problems finding one. Any Savage guru's care to help me??
IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG

Guess I'll have to call them to find out if that's for a lrg firing pin or small? I have the large, so if that's a small I'll have to change firing pins as well?

Wish it was that easy, I have the lrg firing pin. The ones you find so easy with a Google search are for G series and later, that have a small firing pin.

You can modify a small pin bolt head to large requires drilling out the back of the bolt head and milling a notch for the tab on the inside of a bolt body....