• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

115 DTACS in 6 Creedmoor

Jarrodb1975

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
Just curious what kind of numbers you guys are getting with 115 DTACS in a 6 creedmoor
My setup

“28 Bartlein 7.5
42 gr of H4350
3080 FPS
.020 off lands
SD 7
“.450 5 shot groups

26” Batlein 4 groove 1 / 7” MTU
H4350 40.6gr.
Fed 210M
Petersen Brass
SD 5
3048FPS
2.18” BTO

Just finished working up a load w/ the 115 dtacs. 6 creed. 24" 7 twist, suppressed 2995 fps ( SD 4) , consistently shoots quarter inch groups. .035 off of jam. Jam was measured with .001 Neck tension. Equals my 6.5 creed shooting 140's on wind hold but shoots way flatter. Recoil slightly lighter.

Sorry to bump an old thread, hopefully this is an ok place to ask…but I seem way short of all the loads I find on here, looking for inputs.

Alpha saami spec reamer. 2.12 was at the lands. 2.10 for .020 jump…so at that jump, I’m no where near saami length at 2.82…measuring 2.765 coal…

User error? Did the push pull method with a finger on case bottom and a cleaning rod pushing it back out.

Last edited:
Something funky with your measurements. I have better luck seating a dummy with the barrel off, going a few k shorter until it seats flush and just barely spins - sort of like the deep creek method but with stripping the barrel off instead of the bolt. Either way works better than the hornady tool or split cases IME.

Reactions: sacklunch
Something funky with your measurements. I have better luck seating a dummy with the barrel off, going a few k shorter until it seats flush and just barely spins - sort of like the deep creek method but with stripping the barrel off instead of the bolt. Either way works better than the hornady tool or split cases IME.
Thanks…will try another method and compare. Just found Corrina’s method, seems easy enough, don’t want to pull the barrel, but will use your method next time to start. Thanks for the tip!