• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 115gr DTAC RBT Gen 2 problems?

Each lot of DTACs are tested with several 10 shot groups at 200 yds in the tunnel to pass the accuracy spec test which is the same today as was it was 15 years ago.
Specific lot # variations in OAL are typical with the pointing of the bullet. Some noses get closed slightly better than others. A lot depends on the operator and the initial lubrication of the jacket IMO.

If you are looking for the ultimate accuracy (and an explosive hunting bullet) from a DTAC try some with the NOSERING application. Available from SSS.
The NOSERING application on a DTAC rivals the 1% BC spread of the currently advertised partially closed tip Berger. The NOSERING also allows the bullet jacket tip to fail into the lead core upon impact. Impressive to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTH1800
Each lot of DTACs are tested with several 10 shot groups at 200 yds in the tunnel to pass the accuracy spec test which is the same today as was it was 15 years ago.
Specific lot # variations in OAL are typical with the pointing of the bullet. Some noses get closed slightly better than others. A lot depends on the operator and the initial lubrication of the jacket IMO.

If you are looking for the ultimate accuracy (and an explosive hunting bullet) from a DTAC try some with the NOSERING application. Available from SSS.
The NOSERING application on a DTAC rivals the 1% BC spread of the currently advertised partially closed tip Berger. The NOSERING also allows the bullet jacket tip to fail into the lead core upon impact. Impressive to say the least.

Interesting.... It's unfortunate that you and Sierra are not seeing the same issues that me and many many others are seeing. If it was just me and a few other people on the internet I would disregard it as a fluke but literally every person I know personally that loved the first generation of the RBT(left bullet on the pictures I attached) have stopped shooting 115gr DTACs once they all noticed a loss of accuracy when the different boattail or 2nd generation of RBT was introduced.

I don't know why the change was made or even if it's the reason why we are seeing diminished accuracy but it was definitely an apparent change that coincided with the problems we saw. I don't know if you are getting the feedback or not but I know for a fact you have lost past customers and future customers based off of the issues and word of mouth.

I don't want you to think I'm just trying say your product sucks because I used to love DTACs. I just want you to know that a lot of people that would be shooting thousands of your bullets a year have gone elsewhere and probably won't be shooting them again until the issues are acknowledged and addressed.