• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

12 shot dead, twenty five wounded in UK

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Found this and thought to myself how over and over again it always proves that regardless of tough gun laws there is always crime. I’m sure they will say they need stricter gun laws to prevent things like this from happening in the future. Didn’t they just outlaw glass mugs in their bars due to people being cut to death from angry glass breakers?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37467424/ns/world_news-europe/?gt1=43001

Re: 12 shot dead, twenty five wounded in UK

The cops rarely carry guns. When I was stationed there the cops wouldn't talk to us when we were armed. Kind of sad. If the cops would have seen him could they have stopped him? The gun control there in my experience is crazy.

Its all over the news in the UK. The home secretary released a statement just now saying that the firearms laws will likely go under review once the police have finished their investigation. Spokesman for the Prime Minister has spoken out in defence of existing gun laws, stating they are already some of the strictest in the world.

From what Ive read, the majority of the shootings were done at point blank/short range with a shotgun and a .22lr rifle "with telescopic sights" - they seem to love adding that last bit.

Talk at the moment seems to be hovering around greater follow up checks and more stringent medical examinations into mental illness and history of such in ones family.

My thoughts go out to those affected by the tragedy. However its important to remember that you cant legislate against nutters.

Matthais_31

A while back some laughed at Matrix's vision of future or Orwells etc... now i think most are scared...

We in Europe are unbelievably stupid, lazy and naive i think we really deserve what we've got...

Yeah it's a shame people died but lets be frank about it, only reason so many did is because cops are unarmed and pussies and rest of the folks have hands tied behind their backs by (some idiots voluntarily though) the thieving, lying SOBs who run things.

This is just fictional, could not be because guns and knives are illegal there..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Yeah it's a shame people died but lets be frank about it, only reason so many did is because cops are unarmed and pussies and rest of the folks have hands tied behind their backs by (some idiots voluntarily though) the thieving, lying SOBs who run things. </div></div>

bit harsh pal

so many died 'cos the armed response units couldn't find the fucker. Sounds more like the lack of a helo than not enough armed cops

I say ban all guns and knives and this kind of thing will disappear overnight ! ( tongue very firmly in cheek )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say ban all guns and knives and this kind of thing will disappear overnight ! ( tongue very firmly in cheek ) </div></div>

Humans, if anything, are inventive; we'll find something to kill with be it rock, stick or harsh language!

Murder by drowning will be the next big thing and there will be a proposed bill to make all toilets waterless and ban bathtubs and buckets... stupidity knows no bounds.