• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 14 behind a 1x4 scope

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
hey fellas,

anyone run a pvs14 behind a low variable power scope like a 1x4 cmr or any other with the small objective lens?

i wanted to know if the small objective kills the light absorption capabilites of the nvd?

thanks

Re: 14 behind a 1x4 scope

No problem with light as long as they align properly.

The biggest problem I had was finding a scope that had enough ocular adjustment to focus on the reticle and the image simultaneously.

I must have tried half a dozen combo's with what I had.

It starts with what mount you plan to use for the PVS14. I had a Larue and wound up using a GGG riser with some YHM risers and low Badger rings to get the scope to match.

I'm sure there are better/easier ways to get there, but that's what I had.

My '14 sucked badly behind my Leupold 1-4. This was with a monolock.

Anything with 40mm seems to gather great light.

Been very happy with a Swaro 4-12*50 AV and my '14.

how does that work with no paralax adjustment?

i found when behind a scope you need the px adjustment to sharpen the image

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does that work with no paralax adjustment?

i found when behind a scope you need the px adjustment to sharpen the image </div></div>

no issues what so ever. simply focus the diopter on the scope to your eye and fine tune your image with the nod. low power scopes tend to not need parallax adjust ability.

ymmv

Does someone make a tubular mount that clamps on to the objective of the PVS 14 and ocular eyepeice of a nightforce compact? It seems like this would be a reasonable solution to marry the two. Thanks

Where the ass end is completely unsupported? Only mounting with the tubular clamp?. That's was what I had in mind. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fockell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the ass end is completely unsupported? Only mounting with the tubular clamp?. That's was what I had in mind. Thanks </div></div>

yes, that is how i run mine. i use the universal coupler system from tnvc. it works on about damn near everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fockell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the ass end is completely unsupported? Only mounting with the tubular clamp?. That's was what I had in mind. Thanks </div></div>

Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.morovision.com/mvnv_accessories/mounts_adapters/Monoloc_Universal_Adapter.html

Pretty pricey.

I would think that NF would not be the best host because of the way the ocular piece turns with the increase of magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fockell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the ass end is completely unsupported? Only mounting with the tubular clamp?. That's was what I had in mind. Thanks </div></div>

Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.morovision.com/mvnv_accessories/mounts_adapters/Monoloc_Universal_Adapter.html

Pretty pricey.

I would think that NF would not be the best host because of the way the ocular piece turns with the increase of magnification.
</div></div>
That's exactly what I had in mind. Too much coin though! I will make out of abs plastic and post it when I am finished. The compact nightforce models have a power ring, in like the larger nxs.