• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1500 “Hillbillies” get it done near Portland

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman

No support. No funding. No central organizational or plan... just great rural Americans coming together to save a town from wildfires. Used their own gear. Work effectively in teams. Local FD was ‘in town’ hunkered down to fight flames once they hit the village.

But rather than try and save the buildings in a last stand, these folks took the fight to the woods. Stopped the fire and saved the town.

Amazing what rural Americans can accomplish when their backs are to the wall and they set their minds to saving their town, their county... their way of life.

Of course... to lefty elite effete urban sissy newspaper wire service Reuter’s... they are just flyover country “Hillbillies.”

If they can take on a huge fire and win... in these numbers. Wonder what else they could accomplish should they be pushed.

This is America right here. Getting the job done.

Sirhr

Last edited:
My mamaw grew up in the smokies living in a box before it was a park. My papaw didn’t have shoes till he was 17. With that said parts of Oregon are hillbilly AF.

Reactions: 1J04
that's funny she's my second cousin twice removed ned he's looking better since the surgery and all . lol

all funny stuff aside creating a fire break great idea .(y)(y)
besides you know that old saying if it smells like fish make your self a dish if it smells like cologne leave it alone .

Last edited:
That's absolutely fantastic, that's what Americans do when the SHTF.
Waiting for the first reports from the communist news network (CNN) about how many trees were cut down and the wreckage it will bring to the climate.

Thought all the Trumpers just hated everyone and never did anything for anyone? I’m so confused.

1600435424204.png

EPA will probably come fine and jail them at any time now. .

-Can’t have the subjects realizing they don’t need .gov. See also: ccw bans, terrorism, charities, parenthood, unemployment etc

-Commies/enviro nuts in .gov want the red areas to burn

Last edited:

No support. No funding. No central organizational or plan... just great rural Americans coming together to save a town from wildfires. Used their own gear. Work effectively in teams. Local FD was ‘in town’ hunkered down to fight flames once they hit the village.

But rather than try and save the buildings in a last stand, these folks took the fight to the woods. Stopped the fire and saved the town.

Amazing what rural Americans can accomplish when their backs are to the wall and they set their minds to saving their town, their county... their way of life.

Of course... to lefty elite effete urban sissy newspaper wire service Reuter’s... they are just flyover country “Hillbillies.”

If they can take on a huge fire and win... in these numbers. Wonder what else they could accomplish should they be pushed.

This is America right here. Getting the job done.

Sirhr
Is it SOP for the FD to hunker down like that? Seems counter productive, willingly giving up the initiative like that?

I live in a very rural area and these kinds of news bits do nothing but warm my heart as I know that I have friends and neighbors that would do the same.
There are a few of us out here just waiting for Aunti Fa to show up and give us some practice at moving targets.

I'm proud of my rural Oregonian brethren. We got some much needed rain last night and the skies have cleared tremendously here near Salem. When the Cascadia event happens, or other SHTF here I would put money on the rural Oregonians making it along just fine. As I've said before, this place was founded by a bunch of hardy bastards (that didn't die of Dysentary on the way. Old curmugeons here will get that reference) and that hardy bastard vein can still be found in the rural areas. Someone made a comparison here of Oregon rednecks to Appalachian hillbillies and they are damn near one in the same. Fiercely independent, will do what needs to be done, take care of kin and neighbors, and don't need no shithead suits and ties in the Capitol telling them how it is.

What was that Antifa and BLM were saying about coming to rural areas?

Just chuckling at how that would end...

Sirhr
Yep, them Bulldozers, could cover up a lot of trash, just say'n.
This is what most of America, use to be and act like, until all this liberal bullshit came into play. Good on this woman and her "Brigade". Mac(y)(y)

Is it SOP for the FD to hunker down like that? Seems counter productive, willingly giving up the initiative like that?

I did read it is a very small department with limited resources.
it becomeS very hard to decide what to protect when you cant do it all.

My experience with 2 small town FD made of all volunteers is that they were not wimpy, just doing what was decided was the plan.
maybe not perfect. Or maybe darn good once reviewed.
Most small FD dont have a huge ability to fight wild land fires.
they can augment a bigger force, but rarely are able to do it alone.

These same small town FD guys carry a heck of a burden. have known more than one who succumbed to PTSD from not being able to save a neighbor or friend, and years of seeing tough stuff.
In fact, one was a good friend of mine all through growing up. 😟Jim was a big For his age kid 2 years older than me and more than a few times pushed a bully back when they were giving me crap about my asthma or church I grew up in

@Foul Mike - believe I remember a raging prairie fire in your AO a few years back.
Lots of citizens hooking up equipment and working to make fire breaks.
Thats my Kinda people. 😁

Federal charges for destroying public land and violations of the Endangered Species Act in 3....2.....
Don't discount that... when Hurricane Irene hit New England, a couple of towns in the Ludlow area here were cut off when rivers on all sides of the towns took out the bridges and roads that ran down the black river valley. State told them that it would take 4 - 6 weeks to get any roads opened and sent in the National Guard with supplies and a food kitchen.

In the meantime, the locals on both sides of the blockages brought out tractors, bulldozers, farm equipment, etc... and got the roads opened. In 4 days. The roads weren't pretty. But they were opened. Then the people who opened the roads (several area contractors and farmers) got sued by the state evironnazis for interfering with riverbeds, streams, etc. It was dropped... after much embarrassment. But charges were filed... and dropped. So, yeah... don't rule that $h1t out!

Funny story... they helicoptered a bunch of our National Guard in to 'feed' the locals. In the interim, the 'locals' had already set up their own feeding station in big tents. Everyone brought freezers and generators run them. They slaughtered some beefers, etc. Canned goods and preserves came out of every pantry. The wells got powered up by generators within hours. The result.... noone showed up at the 'Guard 'feeding center'. The locals were having town pig and beefer roasts! And within a couple of days, the Guard guys were over eating BBQ, corn on te cob, and masses of fresh food cooked by the locals. As one guy said "Within 36 hours, we were feeding them...." Everyone had a good time and the roads were opened. Noone went hungry. Not a single house or store was looted, though tons of merchandise was given away to the community by several local shops and grocery stores. Not ONE politician or NGO or government entity was involved. It was all the local FD, shop owners, farmers and contractors.

Yeah... rural America. Just a bunch of hillbillies...

Sirhr

that's funny she's my second cousin twice removed ned he's looking better since the surgery and all . lol

all funny stuff aside creating a fire break great idea .(y)(y)

Thats Jamie Presly. She's from about 30 min up the road and her sister lives in my town... I fucked Jamie Presley's niece, back in highschool. She was hot af but her snatch smelt like 3 cans of shark shit.

While the Bundy family in Oregon has issues, they set back fires for years- just like firefighters do...

they did it for years and then got fed arson charges

The government can suck at times
I hit the like button by mistake. Meant to hit the hate button. I spent 30+ summers on campaign fires all across the west. Do you have any idea how many firefighters have died in burnout operations gone bad? On July 6, 1994 I watched one hell of a run on the South Canyon Fire. Got some damn great photos. Most people never heard of the South Canyon fire. The run I was photographing was up the side of Storm King Mountain. There were 14 firefighters killed that day.

Being an Eastern/central WA refugee I can attest that this is the kind of attitude that predominates both OR and WA once you get away from the lib shitholes of Seattle and Portland. Pretty much every place East of the I-5 corridor is good people with a few exceptions like Bend and Spokane..