• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155 Palma in gas 308?

Dogsniper

Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2014
    Wyoming
    Anyone running these in their gas gun? Putting together a 18" 308. Thought these would be the perfect for a100 to 800 yard rig. Might get close to 6.5 creed ballistics

Anyone running these in their gas gun? Putting together a 18" 308. Thought these would be the perfect for a100 to 800 yard rig. Might get close to 6.5 creed ballistics

Ive always thought the sleek 155s that have been brought out by various companies recently are wrongly overlooked by the tactical crowd. Check out the .308 160gr Warner Flatlines also..they especially seem to breathe a second wind into .308 Win from what Ive read and are apparently made with semi-auto .308 mag length loads in mind.. Really should turn it into a no-shit 1000yd performer, and farther.

I've ran a bunch of 155 Nosler CC's through my 20" gas gun, they shoot really well. Recoil is noticeably lighter and you can get them moving along quite nicely. I had a fairly warm load that got me up around 2800ish and they shot fairly well out to 8-900 yds.

The 155gr scenars shot very well out of my 20". In fact, they put down some of the best groups out of my rifle. I have yet to chrono that load, however, but I plan on doing some more testing soon. I'll report back with my results.

I worked up a load with the 155 palma with 45.7gr Varget in Rem brass with OAL of 2.810". Was very accurate with avg velocity of 2705fps SD of 6. This was shot out of my 18" AR-308. This load is very close to my bolt gun load. Only problem is I am getting pressure signs on my brass. I am now going to try this bullet with XBR powder to see if I can maintain over 2700fps without the pressure.

I worked up a load with the 155 palma with 45.7gr Varget in Rem brass with OAL of 2.810". Was very accurate with avg velocity of 2705fps SD of 6. This was shot out of my 18" AR-308. This load is very close to my bolt gun load. Only problem is I am getting pressure signs on my brass. I am now going to try this bullet with XBR powder to see if I can maintain over 2700fps without the pressure.

That sounds great! Were you shooting suppressed or unsuppresed? Also try 4895 powder. It is what I use in my short guns to maintain velocity without over pressure.