• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

15TH Carlos Hathcock Shoot

Re: 15TH Carlos Hathcock Shoot

I'll be there. Nomad is still on the fence.

Thanks Rob way to cast that rod in the water to reel me in you ass!!

Im in. I think this is my 12th one. I remember when my buddy won with a 7mm mag STW and a BSA scope.with a 198. Those days are long gone. (Thanks Rob)

10/25... I'll be there with my A1. Looking forward to it ! It will be my 1st chance to get her out !

I'm planning on shooting this also...where can i find out what size the target is?

Here's what the target looks like
P1010095.jpg

I don't have it near me but I think the center box is like 2"x3" with a 1" X ring. There is also a small 11 ring that you can see the bottom of in the head and I believe the X ring in that is .75"

Triple, it is 20 rounds in 20 minutes prone at 300 yards on the target above. Targets are not spotted during the 20 minutes. You have 5 minutes for unlimited spotted sighters prior to the 20 minutes. It's not a big tactical match but it's a fun get together for people in the area.

Rob,
Thanks for the info.at the last Reade match a few of the guys where talking about going..so i'm sure it will be a good time.
Mike--

That the target and for you guys using the Impact Data Books we do offer a data collection page in our Military/LE section the target is called the TQ-20.

ML-TQ20-2.jpg

Thanks Rob01, what I really need to know is the where and when part of it. If it's close by I would like to give it a try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbillbjj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can I get the info for this shoot??</div></div>

All the info you need is posted above. No preregistration. Show up and shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn. I wish I hadnt been banned from New Jersey.</div></div>

Hey Nick. Banned from the State? LOL - Who'd you piss off?

So I guess I should have remembered that this is the same date as my 8 yr old little girl's birthday party is on. This will be the first Carlos match I missed in years. Have fun all.

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums, but I think I have met a few of you at Reade and Cumberland. I have a question regarding the Hathcock match: any weapon restrictions? ie: muzzle brakes, bipods only, etc.? Thanks in advance for any replies. Hope to see you there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akula702002</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn. I wish I hadnt been banned from New Jersey.</div></div>

Hey Nick. Banned from the State? LOL - Who'd you piss off?</div></div>

I got a freebie and was asked not to return by the fabulous and completely curtious Union City PD in the late 90's.

Um..., Has';

Union City is way out t' other side of the state, and besides, I seriously doubt anyone in Union City even remembers you much these days...

Hell; I seriously doubt folks in Union City remember much of anything these days, what with all that pollution drifting over in the air from Manhattan and Weehawken...

Sorta like a freebie buzz...

Besides being pretty nearly ground zero of the Lymphoma Triangle...

...no, not really...

With all the pollution that the chemical plants in Jersey are spewing i don't think anyone will notice the pollution coming over from NY
grin.gif
. Are you going to shoot in this Match.

Used to shoot them all, but health issues with both Celia and myself keep me closer to home base nowadays.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TASKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys! I'm new to the forums, but I think I have met a few of you at Reade and Cumberland. I have a question regarding the Hathcock match: any weapon restrictions? ie: muzzle brakes, bipods only, etc.? Thanks in advance for any replies. Hope to see you there! </div></div>

Muzzle Brakes & Bipods are fine.

Last year they were back and forth on rear bag or not... I don't know what they will do this year.

Thanks for the reply, Tigerbikes. Hope to meet you there. Jeff

Has long as your hand was between the rear bag and stock you were good to go. You could not rest the stock in the bag. I guess we will see what the rules are when we get there.

if that's the Jeff I am thinking of that new AIW should be a good place to break her in. Wish my TRG-22 was in.

What zero if any do you have?

All shooters are welcome, but we'd rather not have the target frames blown apart!
smile.gif

I can get 200 yards before the match.
grin.gif
I have 100 yards now and they are touching. I'll do my best to get out to 200 tomorrow or Friday the latest. I'm shooting 168gr FGMM out of a Mike Lau M40-A1 with a Leupold LR-M1 turrets that I believe are 1/4 moa clicks.

Dial up another 3 MOA and you'll be on target and can fine tune in your 5 minutes of sighters

Thanks dude I knew it wouldn't take long to get an answer. I'll work on learning this stuff myself for the next one if I'm still living up this way.

Give my best to the WHDMCL crew. My heart is there, but my butt is stuck back here in Yates County.

Greg

The Hathcock match today was a great success with a record # of participants (87).

The weather cleaned up nicely, although the wind was a bit of an issue.

Scores were generally 5 - 10 points lower than last years, no doubt a result of the 20+MPH gusts.

High team of four scored a 748 and was comprised of 19Scout77 (186), akula702002 (187), I.D.F.A (187), and Me (188).

Good to see you Proteus_X3, nice to meet you Rob01 and TASKER.

au70g8.jpg

Man that picture looks like it was taken by a pro!
wink.gif

Nice to meet you today also Tiger. Had fun as usual today. I am sure the wind and no rear bags dropped the scores from years pasts 200+ range. It was a beautiful day though. The Marine Det did their usual fine job of running the match.

We asked Rob if he could shoot the camera, and all ran for cover as he drew a bead on the Kodak.

Here's Rob taking first for the Marines!

robowinningmarine2.jpg

Good seeing everyone!

Here are the overall match winners - it was a dead tie (but, I don't recall names - my apologies):

overallwinner.jpg

Here's the top female shooter (ditto on name):

topfemale.jpg

It was great meeting you also, Tigerbikes. And thank you akula702002 and 19Scout77, for your help and advice. Congrats to you all and a match well shot! Next time I'll try to play a better mental game on my part and give you a run for your money! Be safe!

Good shooting guys wish I could have been there.

Being sick and having a ton of shit piled up here and all its a long 4 hours for 20 rounds and to not be able to use a rear bag which is taught as a shooting fundimental in the Gunny Hathcock sniper school as well.

Seems weird to me.

Glad the weather held out and it was a great day!

I got first place A class Rob01 got high Marine shooter he shot one point higher than me good shooting Rob but I was surprised I was in there for a medal since I felt I shot so bad. I thought I missed a shot.Also surprised by the guy with the 223 and the choate varmit stock and the nightforce scope.He was going for the head but backed off most ricky tic.He tied for overall match winner a really nice guy happy he pulled that off I thought for sure the wind would be unforgiving for that 223 caliber.I stand corrected.The winds were hard left swiching right blowing them out off the paper when the wind switched.The wind does swirl there by the rocks does a lil dance high and left.Tough to pick up caught a few out that way myself had problems other than wind the heartbeat just kept me off center and was a major factor should have placed a bag under my armpit.My teammates gave up some to the wind as well.Another missed one shot and that combo set us into 2nd place for the team score not to shabby considering the factors.All scores by the top shooters were close by a few points like three or one.Overall it was a great day really good to see all the guys again can't wait till next year it was a fun match.Special thanks to the girls working the chow line and the sweatshirts they are awesome.Semper Fi

It was a tight match at the top. I was only 1 point from tieing with match high shooters which was a tie.

Beretta;

Congrats and kudos for a great after-action report.

Any news re: Gene Patzer and West Hudson?

Greg

I shot like shit! I was one of the few dummies taking numerous head shots in 20-30 mph winds..Big mistake. I should of played it safe and took all chest shots. I would have done really well if that target had "two heads"
laugh.gif

Greg saw Gene he is well and ran a grea match,Seen Joe also he did not shoot but was there great to see him standing and he still is funny as all get out.He had us laughing hard as always....