• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168 & 175 Sierra Match Kings instock @ Powder Valley

Thanks just got my order of 168's in.

How does their shipping end up working out? I'm a little leery of the confirm your order and we'll let you know what shipping comes to...

Geez...lucky day. I picked up some 168s and noticed they had some .224 69gr SMKs as well, which had been perma- out. Clicked on the post, and 8 MNS later I dropped $260. I'm not sure I should have a credit card!

PW is really air on price for shipping I wouldn't sweat it

Just recieved 250 168's. Total weight 8lbs, shipping came to $9.00. I'll deal with that any day to now have to drive around searching for componenets.

Thanks for the heads up! Now, if I could only find powder, primers and brass.

Just because Powder Valley shows the item in stock at the time you are ordering does not mean they can fill your order. I am quite sure that by the time they update their site that some items were sold out before they recieved your order. Also note in the red lettering on home page that if your order includes any backordered items your order will be held until the backordered items are in inventory and the complete order can be shipped. Powder valley will not notify you if any items are backordered. Also any orders placed currently that include backorders will be canceled. Make sure you read the Red Lettered highlights on home page!!!I MIGHT ADD THAT I AM NOT BASHING POWDER VALLEY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.tHEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY WITH REASONABLE SHIPPING FEES, AND BEFORE THE MADNESS, SHIPPED PROMPTLY WITH ALL ORDERS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE. The recent snow storms and madness of mass buying components have them at least a month behind on shipping. Please give them a break and exercise some patience.

Just because Powder Valley shows the item in stock at the time you are ordering does not mean they can fill your order. I am quite sure that by the time they update their site that some items were sold out before they recieved your order. Also note in the red lettering on home page that if your order includes any backordered items your order will be held until the backordered items are in inventory and the complete order can be shipped. Powder valley will not notify you if any items are backordered. Also any orders placed currently that include backorders will be canceled. Make sure you read the Red Lettered highlights on home page!!!I MIGHT ADD THAT I AM NOT BASHING POWDER VALLEY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.tHEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY WITH REASONABLE SHIPPING FEES, AND BEFORE THE MADNESS, SHIPPED PROMPTLY WITH ALL ORDERS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE. The recent snow storms and madness of mass buying components have them at least a month behind on shipping. Please give them a break and exercise some patience.

Of all the companies out there I've done business with when buying components, Powder Valley is "golden". Just ordered a large batch of bullets from them and am sure that they're going to do their best to send it out in the next couple of weeks, just like they say.

I will say that they do a great job of pissing off my Letter Carrier. For some reason she doesn't like those shoe-box sized boxes that weigh 50# ;);)

Just ordered 500 175s. Doesn't look like they'll have any trouble selling whatever they have (and can get).

Update: I just received an email from someone at Powder Valley stating: "I’m sorry but you have placed an order on a website that is currently under construction. We did not receive your order. Please place your order at www......"

Never seen that before.

And of course they are out of stock now.

Bummer.

Last edited:
I was planning to switch from using 168s and start using 175s, but now does not appear to be a good time to try that...

They had some 168s so I got a couple of boxes. Good price, and in stock. Hard to beat that.

Now if I can find some RL15 locally...

I called them about a month ago about this subject. This is what they explained to me: if you place your order when the site says "in stock", when your order is ready to be filled, those items will be in stock for you. They are in a sense set aside for you. The site is updated as people order, not as orders are filled.

My order shipped out almost to the day that the site said it would. Powder Valley is definitely handling the additional volume of orders rather well. I can't say the same for too many other companies at this time.

I am kinda cranky that I missed out on the Sierras... two boxes of 250ct each of Hornady 165 AMAXs
came in yesterday from PVInc and most of my boolits are "through the same hole" SST/AMAX Hornady pills.

Again, I'm kinda still cranky about missing out on the Sierras.

FYI, SSA has .308/762 brass in stock.