• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168 TMK in AR10/ SR25

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Kennewick, WA
Curious if anyone has ever played with the Sierra TMK in an AR10 platform?

I'm thinking of trying the 168 TMK in my SR25 and curious what kind of results to expect.

Thanks

I ran a few of the Fed TRU 168 TMK load through my ACC. Avg 2460 I think SD was 10 or 11. Shot into the high .6s.
I’d take it over the FGMM 168 SMK load primarily because it has staked primers. I think the TRU loads are “optimized” for gassers.

Attachments

• 45BC18F9-FF84-4254-BC09-AC4BDC2B95F4.jpeg
    45BC18F9-FF84-4254-BC09-AC4BDC2B95F4.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: TheHorta
I don't have any firsthand experience, but I've read some posts from a couple very experienced SR-25 owners and reloaders who have had problems with the long throat in the SR-25 (compared to a custom bolt gun) and the TMKs not being very jump resistant. I'm told SMK projectiles are far more jump tolerant. But as shown above, for everyone who didn't have great results, there's always people who have fantastic results.

This doesn't really help you, but the real answer is "Try it out in your gun and let us know" because there's enough variance from sample to sample to completely change performance and behavior.

heard mostly they are more jump sensitive because it is not just a "tipped" SMK.
i don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try.
not sure what kind of results you get with plain old SMKs and if this would be significantly better, but a higher BC is at least theoretically going to stay supersonic longer and perhaps extend your limits for hits if not necessarily shoot tighter groups.

Appreciate the feedback. Like several have said I think I’ll just give it a try in my rifle and see what happens.

I like the idea of the higher bc and it appears there is some potential for the rifle to shoot them well.