• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

17" arca on a foundation?

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2021
USA
Anyone have an extended length arca on a foundation? I really like the foundation stock, but prefer the long forend on my atx and acc elite. I use a gray ops plate with the small bag 2-3 stages a match, utilizing Tripod rear. The 17" forend gives more room to operate away from props VS the 13" forend on the foundation.

Since their full length ARCA rail extends a bit past the forend at 13.75", wouldn't a 17" one extend about 4" past the end? I'm a bit hazy on at what point past the end of the forend something can be mounted before the rail starts to bend.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
I
Since their full length ARCA rail extends a bit past the forend at 13.75", wouldn't a 17" one extend about 4" past the end? I'm a bit hazy on at what point past the end of the forend something can be mounted before the rail starts to bend.
I had an A419 17" rail on a rifle a while back, it was quite rigid. Over hung the end of stock by 4" or so, but I never use it in my current desired method. I alway attached bipod at front of forend so it wasn't applying forces to the unsupported section of arca. I know there several companies that make long steel arca rails, I'm thinking those ones are quite resistant to flexion especially with the arca machining.

Piggybacking onto this conversation, I'd like to know what short ARCA rails are compatible with the existing Foundation Hardware. I wish someone would make a low-profile, quick-adjust ARCA rail. I tried the Anarchy rail and could not stand the extra height.