• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

175gr PULLS: Jacket deformation question

Boomholzer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2002
Midwest
How bad is too bad dent/deformation wise? Times are tough.
I can't imaging it being a real issue but wanted to get a consensus. Chambered barrels are not cheap or its a waste of my time to make poor performing ammo.

IMG_2336_zpsb68f0474.jpg

Last edited:
I have 1k of these that I've been loading and shooting for the past month or so. This past weekend I used them out past 1000 yards with out issue, I say load em up and enjoy the savings. :)

I have some with about the same pull marks! (Probably from the same dude!) and they suck in my 700! They don't fly straight and basically a waste of money because I can't make corrections to make good hits! Erratic trajectory not repeatable. I have 900 that I'm gonna use as blasting ammo for 100 yd loads because at that distance they'll hold 1-2 moa but beyond that is a toss up. I've shot them out to 1k (tried anyway) as soon as I went back to good bullets I was back on target.

I have some with about the same pull marks! (Probably from the same dude!) and they suck in my 700! They don't fly straight and basically a waste of money because I can't make corrections to make good hits! Erratic trajectory not repeatable. I have 900 that I'm gonna use as blasting ammo for 100 yd loads because at that distance they'll hold 1-2 moa but beyond that is a toss up. I've shot them out to 1k (tried anyway) as soon as I went back to good bullets I was back on target.

I was there, I can vouch for the erratic trajectory at distance. Some weird trace.....

Guess it depends on the barrel .My two groove 03A3 loves them . The wide two grove barrel probably irons most of the damage out .Arnie

I was shooting them out of a Shilen 1/10 with a Palma chamber maybe your 2 grove will like them.. Good luck if you wanna buy some hit me up ha!