• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.17mach2

Re: .17mach2

They love them over at rimfire central. I really want to get one but can't justify the expenditure, being a broke college kid. It doesn't fill a hunting nitch for me, and a 22 lr is just so darn cheap to target practice with. I hope that when I am closer to the financial situation of some of you guys, there will still be these guys around.

I shoot it and love it. Shoots like a laser out to 100 yds. I have an Anschutz 1702 I just acquired, and a Sako Quad. Shoots great in both rifles...Ammo is about the same cost as Wolf MT.
I urge you to find someone who has a gun chambered in HM2 and shoot it...you'll be hooked.... Get a Quad and you can switch between .22lr and HM2. I've seen some Savage rifles on the net still advertised by dealers in the $250 range if you are looking for something really inexpensive. I buy my ammo from S&G in Ok. They advertise on GB. They have really good prices and their shipping is reasonable. That's where I get my ammo and I'm in Ct.

i have hmr and various 22's i like my mach2 best it is a necked down stinger not a LR like most think as far as terminal ballistics you need to see to belive it's only 400fps slower than 17gr hmr and 250fps slower than the 20gr'ers and still going faster at 150yd than any .22 at the muzel i got 2000rounds of eley ammo delivered for $185 + &14 shipping it's the only rimfire i shoot any more except when i shoot coyote i use the HMR

I went HMR for shooting from 100 - 300 back in upstate NY. Now I'm down here in FL shooting at 50 or 100. However, I've grown to love this little tac driver so much that I don't see myself going back to any other rimfire caliber no matter what the cost is. But that's just me.
smile.gif

^ Cool! I was raised in Kinderhook/Chatham. After that I was in the capital district for quite some time. I lived in Rennselaer, Albany, and then Troy before moving down here to Largo.

i live in town of lewiston not far from niagara falls my grandparents where from elmyra near corning

As a non-long ranger, I see no reason to go HMR when there is an HM2. I am looking for a savage heavy barrel in hm2 right now, to compliment my 10/17. If you look at the numbers, it is about 80% of what the HMR is, at about 40-50% of the price(judging from sgammo website). there is a thread in the 17hm2 section started by ocshaman(me) about what game animals have been taken by the hm2. It blew up. Started one a year later in the hmr section, and it didn't blow up.

HMR

hm2

<span style="color: #000099">I have one that I bought in 2005 and it is my favorite rimfire rifle. A CZ 452
CZ45217HM2001.jpg
Varmiter with a Leaupold 3-9 scope that is threaded for a outback II.</span>

I think a lot of the bad stuff about 17m2 was because of bad ammo....and some of the conversions of 10/22's. It took me a while to tune my conversion and now its great! I have also converted a Ruger 96 lever fron .22 lr with just a barrel change, man I love that little carbine!Closed breach, no timing problems. Laser beem at 100......I just shoot the 22's at paper now.

I have a CZ 452 american, the cartdrige is nice with the velocity and reach but for gophers once the grass gets a little growth to it the little 17 cal bullet does not kick up much dirt for sight corrections. In my area wind is a big factor and .17 is greatly affected.
The .22lr is easyer to spot misses and much cheaper to shoot.
Semi auto 17s are just a faster way to waste money.

I have been acquiring a large supply of ammo so I do not get stung like I did as a teen with the 5mm Remingtons--loved that 20 cal rimfire but ammo became impossible to find and relegated to collectors only (5mm is avail again) would like to acquire the Kimber 1911 top end they now offer in only 22--the Mach2
will always be a fav of mine

I have a handfull of Mach 2's and really enjoy hunting and shooting them great tree rat gun and have shot a pile of racoons with them, always take a couple of them out west to shot praire dogs not the blow up factor but little cheaper to shoot and are gun to stretch the little round clear out there.

I have a savage MK II 17hm2. I love that little thing. Eley ammo is pretty cheap and very accurate. I was drilling crab apples at 100 yards with ease. It also blows squirrels heads clean off.

Have a Marlin 717. It's cheap, has a crummy trigger, a buggy whip barrel and still shoots under 1/2" @50 yards all day long. I had one 3-shot 50-yard group (below) that measured 1/8". With a YHM Mite, it's my go-to pest removal tool for objectional varmints what wanders into my yard.

rmarlin717.jpg

rtarget.jpg

Great little round.Been shooting Mach II since they came out.Marlin I have loves the little blue tip Eley.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk9176251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any one here also useing this great little round? </div></div>

Yep, love it. Have a Magnum Research 17HM2 and a Volquartsen I picked up from Diggler44.

I have been very impressed with the HM2. It is accurate and much quieter than the HMR. I love the Quad I got for my father. It is so light and has a great trigger.

In the squirrel woods it has performed really well for me and my brother. It will drop a groundhog in its tracks, too, unlike a .22LR sometimes.