• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

18 inch 6.5 CM barrel with Rifle+2 gas?

smarcus

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Connecticut
Has anyone tried an 18 inch 6.5 CM barrel with Rifle+2 gas? The reason I ask is I have a 22 inch with +2 gas that I only run suppressed and an 18 inch would be handier. I'm not concerned over velocity loss, just function.

I have a Craddock Precision 6.5C 18" Rifle +1" barrel and it runs like a sewing machine unsuppressed. I think you'll be in the clear with +2" suppressed.

Reactions: smarcus
Curious did you chop your 22" barrel down to 18" and if so how is the 18" running with the +2 gas system (suppressed and unsuppressed)? Contemplating a 20" Proof SS barrel which only comes with the +2, which I would probably chop to 18"! the 4-6month wait for CP or CLE is just killing my build!

Curious did you chop your 22" barrel down to 18" and if so how is the 18" running with the +2 gas system (suppressed and unsuppressed)? Contemplating a 20" Proof SS barrel which only comes with the +2, which I would probably chop to 18"! the 4-6month wait for CP or CLE is just killing my build!

No, currently it's still 22 inches.

CLE is only running 10-12 weeks at the moment I believe.

I'm running a CLE 18" 6.5CM Bartlein in a LaRue OBR right now with fantastic results, I would have gone +1 but the OBR handguard is only 13" so the gas block would stick out like dogs balls. The only change I had to make over the rest of my 6.5CM with the + Gas systems is I had to step up and run a H3 Buffer system.

I ordered a carbon 18” rifle length +2” from carbon six, it’ll be a couple more months before it’s complete, but I like that you can get it built to your specs. I did a 7 twist and a .936” Ti adjustable gas block. I currently have a 20” proof that shoots extremely well so I’m excited to see how the 18” works. Like others, I am looking forward to something shorter.

I ordered a carbon 18” rifle length +2” from carbon six, it’ll be a couple more months before it’s complete, but I like that you can get it built to your specs. I did a 7 twist and a .936” Ti adjustable gas block. I currently have a 20” proof that shoots extremely well so I’m excited to see how the 18” works. Like others, I am looking forward to something shorter.
Give us an update when you test it out, do you know the how big of a gas port it is?

I ended up picking up a 18" Rainier UM with rifle length gas in 6.5cm for my build. But if this barrel sucks I may go the proof SS route and chop her down!

Give us an update when you test it out, do you know the how big of a gas port it is?

I ended up picking up a 18" Rainier UM with rifle length gas in 6.5cm for my build. But if this barrel sucks I may go the proof SS route and chop her down!

I think the gas port is .100” and regulated by the adjustable gas block. I’ve had really good luck with carbon 6 barrels on bolt guns, so I am looking forward to seeing how their gas gun barrels work.

I think the gas port is .100” and regulated by the adjustable gas block. I’ve had really good luck with carbon 6 barrels on bolt guns, so I am looking forward to seeing how their gas gun barrels work.
Well I know the proof port size for 20" & 22" both with the +2 gas system is .086 so I'll be curious to hear how your rifle runs with that port size and how much restriction you need suppressed/unsuppressed!