• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

180 gr Hornady 30 cal SST's?

shooter98

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2013
I've come to inherit a large amount of these bullets and did a search and can't find much info on them as far as shooters results in 308. I typically load SMK 180's for my 308 and am interested in hearing pos/neg results folks have had with these bullets. My rifle is a Savage 12, 24" barrel. My shooting is usually in the 400-600 meter range. Thanks guys, gals..

I don't believe I was. The point of aim was the centered on the black dot every time. Plan is to load up up a few more at 43 and see what they do. If they still string out horizontally then I'll play with seating depth.
Time for you to load some of your own up and send them!

Have been playing with the 180gr Interbond (identical bullet) in my 300WM to try and find a hunting load to the ranges you are looking at. Was able to pull these off just the other day. They shoot really nicely out of my 300WM which is a Factory Sendero with 26" barrel and 10twist on Manners T5A stock with Holland Radial Brake. Used 72.1gr IMR4831 and seated .005" off the lands.

500 yards - 50deg and a 5 -10 mph 30 deg wind.

Close up for sizing

That was 4 shots and I will admit I pull one that went over the shoulder.

600 yards

That was 4 shots total and I'll admit that the one at the bottom of the circle was me.

I've been looking to get some of the SST's for more practice and cheaper but can only find the interbond's which are unfortunately nearly twice the price.