• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1883/1899 Campaign Hat

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    @buffalowinter

My Dirty Billys Campaign hat has shrunk after ten or so years.

Considering replacing it with something maybe a little bit finer. Maybe a liner and grosgrain that is more legit than the thin stuff on this one.

Who has the good replica millinery?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: acudaowner
    @buffalowinter

My Dirty Billys Campaign hat has shrunk after ten or so years.

Considering replacing it with something maybe a little bit finer. Maybe a liner and grosgrain that is more legit than the thin stuff on this one.

Who has the good replica millinery?

View attachment 8006146

View attachment 8006147

View attachment 8006148
    Indian War Campaign Hat  - Hat Style

Our Indian Wars Campaign Hat is a replica of the standard Military Issue hats. This hat features a a 5 1/2 in. crown with crease, and a 3 1/4 in. stitched brim. Composition leather sweat band - Click to Enlarge Image

Indian War Campaign Hat - Hat Style​

RJT#Hat Style WA -

Description​

This standard issue Indian War hat features a gutter crown. The hat sports a 5 1/2 in. crown with 3 1/4 in. stitched brim. Composition leather sweat band keeps you cooler.

Made of natural Wool Felt for supreme wear, it comes in authentic black-issue only.

Click Here to Order This Hat Style in Quality Wool Felt

Reactions: Modoc
    Any western west stores up there in MA? The guys behind the counter can stretch the hat, within reason, to get the fit right. Cavender’s doesn’t charge for stretching/fitting, even if you didn’t buy your hat there.

Any western west stores up there in MA? The guys behind the counter can stretch the hat, within reason, to get the fit right. Cavender’s doesn’t charge for stretching/fitting, even if you didn’t buy your hat there.
    Are they usually next to dildo and fetish stores? That’s what we got in MA.

It’s a good enough hat….has been on lots of adventures.

Wearing this one right now…..

image.jpg

1920’s Stetson……it’s soft like butter.

Kind of want something with that same “refined” material…..like a borsalino fedora.

Somewhere in the reloading room/garage is my father’s 1960’s vintage Aluminum Hard hat from his time in the oil fields around Bakersfield.

I really wish that I had been able to get my Grandfather’s Stetson from when he was working in Sanderson TX with Bill Jordan. It would be too big for me, but the tales that it could tell…..

Reactions: Average guy
    Last I knew, this was still for sale in a militaria store in Gettysburg. I always find cool stuff there.

Just the thing to go punting with your best girl on your arm!

marine hat 2.jpg
    marine hat 1.JPG

It's how the Marines get all the chicks, right? By being more dapper?

marine dandy.jpg

Let me know and I can get you the name of the store...

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS... Offered it to Frank at the time and he turned it down. He thought it would make him look short.

I really wish that I had been able to get my Grandfather’s Stetson from when he was working in Sanderson TX with Bill Jordan. It would be too big for me, but the tales that it could tell…..
    Buddy of mine up here in VT was a 35+ year USBP officer and started in Texas the same month Bill Jordan retired. Jordan was selling off everything that he had that wasn't nailed down or serialized with USBP numbers... and my buddy bought all kinds of stuff. That he still has. His stories from working the Mex border in the '60's and early '70's are hilarious... Retired here in VT about 2002 or so... Just about the time everything reorganized he got out.

Plus his dad was a "Monuments Man." His dad is on the cover of the book on the Italian Monuments Men... in front of the Tower of Pisa. He has all kinds of cool stuff from his dad, too. I love visiting his place... So much covet-worthy stuff!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last I knew, this was still for sale in a militaria store in Gettysburg. I always find cool stuff there.

Just the thing to go punting with your best girl on your arm!

View attachment 8009422View attachment 8009423

It's how the Marines get all the chicks, right? By being more dapper?

View attachment 8009427

Let me know and I can get you the name of the store...

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS... Offered it to Frank at the time and he turned it down. He thought it would make him look short.
    Is that the shop that also has a pretty good museum

Wasn't the same place. The one I was thinking about was Battlefield Military Musuem 900 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Very nice collection for a private museum.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Wasn't the same place. The one I was thinking about was Battlefield Military Musuem 900 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Very nice collection for a private museum.
    I think they do Battkefield videos on YouTube.

They look at pieces in the museum and the video dude goes on location to various battlefields.

The museum covers all US wars not just the Civil War.

Don't know about the YouTube stuff but the museum did cover all us wars. It was an impressive personal collection.