• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

18in Spr Optics

I’ve tried a few different optics on my 18” SPR/DMR, but the ATACR 4-16x42 is what I’m going with. For a while the weight was a concern, but overall the scope is just so much better than the others I tried, so I reduced weight elsewhere.

UeOWM3d.jpg

Hi, I'm new on the platform. Looking for something similar to a zc420 (or a Steiner M7XI 2.9-20x50, or a s&b ultra short). Compact optic with all what's needed but at an affordable price!
Do you know where I can find informations?

Thank you :)

Hi, I'm new on the platform. Looking for something similar to a zc420 (or a Steiner M7XI 2.9-20x50, or a s&b ultra short). Compact optic with all what's needed but at an affordable price!
Do you know where I can find informations?

Thank you :)
Read the forum rules first, before you get banned. Post in your own thread. Don't post "want to buy" ads or anything resembling them in the wrong forums without being a supporter.

Reactions: Ragiornier_UGo
I’ll go off the board and recommend the Trjicon Credo 2-10x36. I’ve used this in matches out to 650 and the lack of parallax adjustment hasn’t been and issue.

Attachments

• A787504B-781B-454E-9111-98E87A368640.jpeg
    A787504B-781B-454E-9111-98E87A368640.jpeg
    900.4 KB · Views: 58
I’ll go off the board and recommend the Trjicon Credo 2-10x36. I’ve used this in matches out to 650 and the lack of parallax adjustment hasn’t been and issue.
I've actually been wondering about this scope. Been comparison shopping it against a NXS 2.5-10x42...

I've actually been comparing my Razor 1-10 to a PST 2-10 lately, specifically for use on an 18.5" .223. In my mind it's really about what you plan to use it for most. The 1-10 is a great optic for up close with the ability to stretch things out more or better ID a target. I never dial mine and just holdover and routinely shoot it out to 625 or so. The PST, despite being a lower product line doesn't give up anything to the Razor's glass at full mag (probably due to it's slightly larger objective) and is actually a bit more forgiving in the eyebox. The adjustable parallax is nice as well. The real benefit when shooting at distance though is the ability to easily dial the target turrets of the PST at which point the more simple reticle on the PST makes spotting splash in less than ideal conditions easier that trying to spot that small .223 bullet splash through the xmas tree of the Razor. The PST isn't ideal for a "SPR" role, I'd much rather it have locking elevation and locking/capped windage instead of just exposed turrets but it is what it is. It's just kinda opened my eyes to using a MPVO for a precision .223 vs a LPVO. I'd be curious to get behind the new Mk5 2-10. I still wish there had been a 2-10 LRTSi that was a couple oz lighter than the 3-12, which is still a great precision gas gun optic but it's more in line with the weight of the Mk5 3.6-18 and the NF NX8 2.5-20 which to my mind are better suited on a large frame precision gas gun.

Reactions: simonp