• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1903 Unertel block gunsmith wanted

dauntedfuture

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2014
Team,
Bought a used, non correct/original, 1903 mark 1 w. new stock and good barrel. I intended to turn this into a 1903a1 sniper clone for CMP. I need a gunsmith who knows how to mount the scope blocks. CMP is NOT AN OPTION as they are way, way backed up. This "should" be a simple 100.00 operations.

Thanks!

Jon

Good for you, I had the CMP do three projects for me during the Covid deal. 7 months. No one was there to talk to.
When I received them back ,the work was perfect.

Team,
Bought a used, non correct/original, 1903 mark 1 w. new stock and good barrel. I intended to turn this into a 1903a1 sniper clone for CMP. I need a gunsmith who knows how to mount the scope blocks. CMP is NOT AN OPTION as they are way, way backed up. This "should" be a simple 100.00 operations.

Thanks!

Jon
What state are in you in and can you provide some info on your scope mount please ? I have an 03 Springfield that had a Lyman 48 target sight on it from my grandpa. Bought an S&K no drill no tap mount. It won't hold fast on the rear of the receiver bridge. Took to one gunsmith and he said it can't be drilled and tapped on the rear of the receiver bridge. I see 03's out with scope mounts that are truly 03's and not 03A3's. Hard to find anyone in NE Ohio to work on them...