• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 1903A3 Not Feeding Correctly

structureaggie

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2005
Texas
I've got a Remington '03A3 that isn't feeding worth a crap from the magazine. Each round gets caught on the shoulder before it enters the chamber itself. I have to load each round, singly. The bolt catches the round when going forward and strips it from the magazine. As I push the round forward, from the magazine, it looks like it is getting caught on the portion of the action where the receiver marries with the barrel. I know about the cut off switch, and that isn't the issue. I have replaced the follower and magazine spring, and that didn't change anything. My thought is that I need to polish the feed ramp. I'm no gunsmith, so I'm not sure if this is a potential solution. Thanks for the help.

Re: 1903A3 Not Feeding Correctly

Still a .30 cal and not a rechamber?

Adding to nortex ^, is this an "as issued" '03A3, or with some modifications?

Kevin

As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any modifications. It's a Remington action and I'm not sure about the barrel. All of the other parts on it are Remington. I bought it from the Gibbs Rifle Company. It came to me, from them, in a plastic stock, and I have replaced it with a wooden stock. I can't imagine that that would have any impact to the feeding from the magazine.

If the distance from the top of the box to the bottom of the action changed when you put it in the wooden stock, then that could well affect feeding.

Does it feed OK if you put it back in the synthetic stock?