• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 22 Conversion

Re: 1911 22 Conversion

The Wilson is a Kimber. The LGS, a master Kimber dealer, recommended the Marvel.

Now that quality 1911 rimfires are available, I wonder if the conversion kits are worth it anymore. Sig makes a nice looking complete 22. The new tactical solutions conversion kits look nice as well, but very pricy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Wilson is a Kimber. The LGS, a master Kimber dealer, recommended the Marvel. </div></div>

I thought the Wilson was a Marvel, not a Kimber?

I have been trying to buy the Nighthawk Marvel for MONTHS and they have had issues with broken slides. I was told to call mid December to see it the problems have been resolved. Hope wo because I really want one bad.

check out Midwayusa, last i looked they some some 1911 22lr kits on sale.
i am looking for a 22lr kit for my 92fs and alls i saw at Midway was 1911 kits....

Got a Tactical Solutions for my STI. Very well built unit with threaded muzzle for suppressor. It was a little tight on the frame so had it fit so it would run reliably. Didn't take much, and didn't alter the frame, just the slide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to buy the Nighthawk Marvel for MONTHS and they have had issues with broken slides. I was told to call mid December to see it the problems have been resolved. Hope wo because I really want one bad. </div></div>

I had one on backorder since April. After several, "It will ship on..." followed by, "We're conducting more testing and aren't sure when they will ship," I cancelled.

The Marvel is still going strong as of this AM.

I had an aadvantage arms standard conversion for my 1911 a while back. Shot thousands of rounds through it without a hickup.

Fit in a standard holster as well

Its been a while but when Mr. Marvell quite or left the Marvell company that makes the conversions he had to wait out his con-compete clause then designed the aadvantage arms kits.

I have two of the Tactical Solutions conversions. One on a single stack and the other on a 2011 frame.

Excellent conversions. I sold my Marvels and have not looked back.