• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 460 Rowland

Re: 1911 460 Rowland

I have run 460 Rowland spec ammo in my Glock21C and my buddys HK USP45.

185xtp on top of 12gr Longshot at ~1500fps
230xtp on 10gr Longshot at ~1250fps

Stiff recoil, hits steel like a sledgehammer

Don't see any useful purpose though, other than to say I've done it. For any "practical" purposes, a 10mm with 200-220gr pills will hang with it, have higher capacity and penetrate better.

SVT maybe we can work something out. I have had a kit brass and some loaded ammo just sittin around for several years now.

IIRC its a Clark Custom drop in 5" kit with the comp built onto it.

I have a 45 Super conversion for my G-21 that i carry when hog hunting. The Rowland is just a tad step up for the super , though ive run some handloads out of it that was deep into Rowland teritory but agin dont realy see the point other than a little extra thump if you need to get a bullet deeper into a tough critter

You won't be disappointed in the results on animals. I have been working with Johnny Rowland on kits for Glock 21's and 30's and for the Springfiend XD and XDM. It's an easy way to get 44 mag performance from a semi-auto platform.

P1020804.jpg

Got a Clark Custom conversion on a Springfield 1911 frame. Shoots good and hits hard. Reloading data is hard to come by is my only gripe. The built in compensator works well. Buffalo Bore makes some serious hard cast loads for it. Much easier to shoot than my 329PD 44 mag with equivalent loads. Where in NC are you? You are welcome to shoot mine.....might even consider selling the conversion.

i rep I sent you a PM

GGManning, I am down in Shallotte, about 45 minutes from you... may take you up on that.

Might want to visit www.realguns.com and read the articles on the .45 Super.

If you have a High Quality .45acp, can change recoil and firing pin spring and are a careful handloadeer, should find much useful information.