• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors 1911 dilemma... springfield vs kimber

Re: 1911 dilemma... springfield vs kimber

While I'll probably never buy another Kimber and I agree their quality is "spotty," the 15 or 20 I've owned or shot were all accurate. Even the sub-compacts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy a Double Star. No MiM, all very high quality parts made in the US, hand assembled, great CS and at a price that is very good. </div></div>

Like the brazil thing, i think the MiM is another tempest in a teacup among shooters. I've yet to see any actual evidence that they're likely to fail or poor quality, and people get themselves worked up into a panic about it before they even bother to shoot their guns.

Fusion, will sell you a kit for around 700, all fitted, the hard work done, you put it together, and do a few minor things. I would look into that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fusion, will sell you a kit for around 700, all fitted, the hard work done, you put it together, and do a few minor things. I would look into that. </div></div>

Where does Fusion get their parts? I know they "assemble" guns, but I don't know if they use caspian frames/slides or what.

Not sure, my kimber had major issues no one could figure out. So kimber replaced it with an even worse gun. I think it was a Pro Carry TLE 2 RL, then a Raptor. So I gave up and bought a XD .45 and love it. As for people saying "well after a couple of adjustments so and so gun works now" is BS, the damn thing should work perfect out of the box. I couldn't carry knowing my firearm has already had failures.

They use STI frames. I don't know who makes their small parts though everyone seems to say they are good.

Both Springfield and STI will fix any problem you have with their guns, PERIOD! I run Springfields myself in competition when I shoot Single Stack, and ESP/CDP and run STI's when I shoot Limited and sometimes in ESP. I run the crap out of them! 10s of thousands of rounds a year or more!

Do I like the fact that my Springfields aren't 100% american made, no. Do I love the fact that they have one of the best frames/slides in the 1911 industry, you bet ya!

STI's in my opinion will be a little better out of the box for the mid range guns as they have more parts hands fit than a Springfield or Kimber. I typically replace most parts to what I want any way so that doesn't bother me much. My TRP on the other hand is pure stock and runs like a TOP!