• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 1911 grips

Re: 1911 grips

Definitely go with Larry Davidson's Monkey Grips. The VZs are alright, but Larry can make you almost any texture you can imagine. Once you have a ball park idea, give him a call and he will talk as long as you have questions. Genuinely nice guy. Here is a Link to a thread on 1911 forums with tons of pictures. Below is a picture of a custom set on my Loaded.

vpjk07.jpg

33c5bux.jpg

Josh

Larry Davidson would be my choice....followed by Mil-tac and VZ. Larry is a great guy to deal with, I have several sets from him.

gunner grips or get grips from steve at mars armament, also very nice.

Mine are Hogue pebble grip on several guns. It all depends on what you plan on doing with the 1911.

The new style trp grips are larry davidson.
Larry's grips and gunner grips have the most grip of any i have found

larrys have alot more style,texture, and cut options

I haven't been able to find any of Davidson's grips for sale. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet though?

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't been able to find any of Davidson's grips for sale. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet though?

Keith </div></div>

He only sells them direct. If you look at the link posted in my first reply (the 1911 forum link) you can get a decent feel for all the styles he typically does. However, he can do custom work if you want a combination or something totally different. His phone number is 830-214-5144. Give him a call and he will set you up with whatever you want based on looks, aggressiveness of grip, color, whatever...His website lists the most commonly sold variants. It is not technologically advanced but, I would rather he stuck to making grips than worrying about a website

Davidson Grips

Josh

The new "Fragged" VZ grips are the first thing I'm going to order if I ever buy another 1911.

I Checked out my buddies Knighthawk grips and really liked them. I'll probably get a set of those and try them.

Thanks for the info, Keith

+1 on Davidson AND VZ

These are by far my preferred gripmakers now. I alternate between the two and have for a few years. Customer service is great with either and the products are EXCELLENT.

I use the VZ operator G10 grips on my service 1911 now. It has the pointed diamonds on the front that helps with retention and has single ridges in the back for a smoother surface that doesn't grate your hand when obtaining a grip from the holster.

I have the Mil-Tac G-10 black/gray and I really like them

Just so everyone is aware. The reason Mil-Tacs and Larry Davidson's look so much alike is because Larry makes them for Mil-Tac.

Josh

After trying many options in the sandbox, I settled on ERGO grips. Seemed to do the trick after having slippage due to sweaty palms.

VCD grips I use them on my Garthwaite I love with or without gloves they grip

glad I stumbled in.. in the market as well.

I have the VZ operator grips and they are excellent - very satisfied with them!

As stated above Larry Davidson makes some nice grips. I've bought 3 sets of grips from him and I'll get more in the future.

Here's a set that he made for my Delta Elite...

35ludd2.jpg

2v3g41j.jpg

Here are some Warthogs in Desert Tan on my Les Baer...

35n9a15.jpg

And he also made some grips for my Ruger 22/45. You can't go wrong with LD.

I love my Simonich. I've had them for about 4-5 years now and they are as good as day 1.

internestversion.jpg

Here are the ones i'm running. VZ "Gatorbacks" in Brown linen micarta. They clear my Wilson combat extended thumb saftey perfectly.
IMG_0190.jpg

Can't go wrong with Larry Davidson or VZ. Wilson's Starburst grips are very comfortable as well.

I have 4 sets of full-size 1911 grips for sale...

take-offs from a Springfield TRP (I believe they're Larry Davidson horned lizard)
DSCN0781.jpg

VZ Gatorbacks
DSCN0780.jpg

Gunner grips
DSCN0778.jpg

Springfield take-off wooden grips with crossed cannons logo
DSCN0779.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my Simonich. I've had them for about 4-5 years now and they are as good as day 1.

internestversion.jpg
</div></div>

I 2nd this, they are a great grip.