• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 holster recomendations?

Re: 1911 holster recomendations?

IWB? OWB? 3"? 5"? Need cant? Tuckable? Sparks, Tucker, etc not good enough? Lotta good holsters out there so more info on what kind of holster and what custom features you are looking for might help with the suggestions unless you just want the name of someone who can make you a custom holster.

Go to a gunshow and look at custom leather companies and tell one of those what you want done...

For conceal carry I use a IWB Versa Max 2 by Milt Sparks. Very comfortable. The only down side is the 6 month wait to get one.

Overland Gunleather ( Link) is making me one right now. They did some custom work for a co-worker and I was impressed with the CS and end product.

I have a Galco concealable and it is very comfortable and provides solid retention and a quick presentation. It is outside the waistband which is fairly low profile for my commander length 1911, but not as discrete as something inside the waistband.

I just bought a Don Hume IWB holster but that's in the mail so I'll have to see what it is like when it arrives.

I like the cross breed super tuck. the thing is comfortable and low profile

yeah but once you got it you realized there is not one better! (Milt Sparks)you get what you pay for isn't that right?

Crossbreed in horsehide. Add anti-skid tape to the outside of the kydex.

It is adjustable for height and cant. The large back makes it very comfortable and stable. Also, it is thinner than some of the others suggested here, which I have tried also.

photo.jpg

Lead Farmers Inc. 2 week wait time and really nice Kydex stuff at a great price.

Milt Sparks VM II here. Best IWB I have tried.

DaSantis owb full leather. Works great for my USP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wh450</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For conceal carry I use a IWB Versa Max 2 by Milt Sparks. Very comfortable. The only down side is the 6 month wait to get one. </div></div>
Or look for one on SleazeBay and pay the markup. Also, Lightning Arms carries a few. I go Milt Sparks all the way, IWB.

Kramer with belt loops the size of your belt- 1.25", 1.50", etc. I run the horsehide. It is unbelievable. They said it was thinner and stiffer than the cowhide and it is.

If you are going to beat it to death while hunting, fishing, snowmobiling or the like, a Bladetech might be your ticket.

I use the Crossbreed as well.

I have used a Mitch Rosen holster for concealed carry Wilson compact CQB for a number of years. Great holster which has held up very well. I would definitely recommend you checking them out.

Purecustomholsters. They are IWB/owb , super versatile. As good as anything out there.

Ask for Rocky