• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 mag recommendation

Pester

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2012
Northern CA
I had awesome range time planned. I went out to the local range a few Friday's ago to try out the new Nighthawk Talon and send a few more rounds through my old Kimber. Just me reminding myself of how hard it is when dont have the eyes/hands of a 30 yr old

After shooting 4 mags through the Kimber I put it back on the table behind me and loaded up the Talon for the first few rounds through it. This is gonna be fun.......After the first mag through the Talon I turned around to get a new box of ammo to find that some ...... FREAKIN', POWDER HUFFIN', PRIMER SUCKIN', BARREL DIPPING, TINY RICHARD, THAT BLINKS HARD/LONG BEFORE PULLING THE TRIGGER WHILE SHOOTING ONE HANDED/GUN SIDEWAYS.....FOOL walked off with my 4 mags for the Kimber AND the bag for the new Nighthawk. AND... I AM PRETTY SURE HE WAS SHOOTING HIS NEW GLOCK 9MM WHILE BRAGGING HOW HE WAS NAILING THE TARGET........wait for it...... AT 15 FEET.

REALLY!?!?!?!? ISNT IT ENOUGH THE FIENSTIEN/BOXER/PELOSI ALL WANT TO TAKE MY GUN/AMMO/RIGHTS THAT THIS FUDGE MUNCHIN', LEAD LICKIN' tool feels its his God given right to lift someone elses stuff?

Ok...enough whining and before any of you point it out.....yes, I know, its my fault for not putting it all in my range bag and closing it.

So my question is, now that I am going to buy new 1911 mags, do any of you have a recommendation? I am gonna buy 4 of em so I would like to keep the quality up but not the most expensive.

And Lord help me....If I see those baggy britches, lowered honda civic driving losers I am going to accidentaly back my old long bed dodge 4x4 into his Civic until his car looks like a motorcycle and my truck is a short bed. Ok...no I am not. Like most old guys I am going to get in my truck and drive home dreaming about what I might have done 30 years ago.

I've only ever ran the Wilson Combat 47D's. I did buy 3 new Chip Mccormick (sp) mags as well but haven't had a chance to play with them much.

That punk will get his, eventually...

t

The Mc Cormick Power Mag or Power Mag+ are good to go and should not break the bank. Tripp Cobra magazines are pretty insane, but are pricey. The Tripp mags have functioned flawlessly in quite a few different 1911 platforms I am running. Good luck in the hunt.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

We use the mec-gars in our custom builds, can't beat them for out of the box reliability and price... Sorry to hear about that crap too, people like that piss me off to no end as well

I use both Tripp and CMC Power+. I have had one 10 round CMC go out on me. I can't diagnose the issue, but it fails to lock back from time to time. I need to just toss it, but it is alright for the range. Both of these are great options. I haven't tried Wilson 47d's, but those would be my next choice if I were having problems with Tripp or CMC.