• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 owb holster

Bluejazz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
IOWA
Just bought a STI Lawman 1911 5" barrel.
Looking for recommendations on a very nice outside the waistband leather holster.
Do not want a kydex holster.
Want something that works well for concealed carry, comfortable for all day carry of a full size 1911, has good draw feel, and clears the holster easily.

Last edited:
Milt Sparks 55BN-C.
It'll carry my TRP comfortably all day. It reholters well and has a good draw once broken in a little bit. Despite the high ride and open top it seems to hold the pistol very securely. Mine is the cow hide version. It doesn't have any fancy tooling on it. I'm not sure they even offer anything like that. I'm not into that sort of thing anyway. The 55BN is all about being a good practical holster.
I prefer the VM2 for concealed carry but lets face it, comfort is a relative thing. The OWB is much easier on my little muffin top.

B

I'd second the motion on a Milt Sparks 55 BN. Used that model for years for SIG's as well as 1911's.

Another one to look at is their 60TK model. Milt Sparks Holsters

KRAMER builds a few nice models for the 1911 same for El Paso Saddlery.

Shooters wince when they see the prices asked for QUALITY leather.....I still have several Sparks, EPS and Safariland holsters I bought back in the 1970's and 1980's and they are still VERY serviceable 30 and 40 years later. A quality holster is a lifetime investment.

FN in MT

Thanks for the leads. I will check them out.
Basically, looking for a quality pancake style holster.

i have a really nice Ritchie Leather that is similar to the sparks Axiom that is really comfortable

For a reasonable price, zero wait time and a nice piece of leather, look at the Galco OWB holsters. I use the Avenger series for my 3" 4" and 5" 1911's they have others there as well, with an without thumbsnaps, if you do that kinda thing.