• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1911 stove piping issues

Wilson Combat 47D magazines
Shoot a few hundred round through the pistol. 230 RN.
Clean then lube.
Check extractor.
After that, time to operate.

Most all government and commander size 1911 feeding issues are due to poor magazines, improper ammo, and extractors. Officer models are a whole different story. Hope this helps.

"Practice" ammo or cheap target can often times just not have enough kick on a new or tight gun. I used to get it a lot on my Springfield Armory and then it just stopped. Not a single issue since. Guess I hit the magical number. But it needs to cycle correctly. There is timing involved and it seem light loads can mess with it. I've seen it in several guns I have but will exhibit itself differently. And there is no such thing as too much lube. I'm not usually an over luber but if there's an issue with a gun, I lube the $hit out of it just to take that out of the equation. It'll spray you good the first mag or two so make double sure you have on your eyes and have your oil changing shirt on. ?

After careful attention to form, grip etc. it appears to be premature slide lock......no wiseass quips from any of you! It’s the first time that’s ever happened...kimber I just like you so much and you’re soooo beautiful....
Thanks all.

After careful attention to form, grip etc. it appears to be premature slide lock......no wiseass quips from any of you! It’s the first time that’s ever happened...kimber I just like you so much and you’re soooo beautiful....
Thanks all.
Don't be too hard on yourself yet. Premature slide lock can also be caused by the bullet brushing against the Slide Stop as it moves up. If you look at the tab part of the Slide Stop, is there any copper marking on it?