• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st Build Complete!

arjuna70

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2009
Cranston, RI
I owe much of this build from reading on the Hide. The Rifle was purchased from a Hide member some time ago. Its finally finished and here it is.

I decided on the Remington 700 platform due to its versatility. I went with the 700 LTR since I like the shorter 20" barrel and the accuracy remains excellent. I was fortunate to find one built in the Remington Custom Shop with the 40X trigger. I also decided to stick with the 308Win.

I went with the Falcon Optics since I didn't have an extra $1500 for higher end optics and for $400 I got a First Focal Plane scope with Mil dot reticle and Mil turrets. I'm very happy with optic and the glass is excellent. I had my gunsmith install a VBull DMS, bought from JW Precision, which uses the AICS detachable mags like the Badger system. I used a 20 MOA Badger base and Seekin Precision rings. I had the bolt knob redone by AZ Precision which came out really nice. I got the Harris bipod notched 6-9" model and and extra AICS mag from TRIAD tactical.

I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for their help and I'll post a range report shortly.

700 LTR .308 40X
Falcon Menace 4x14x42mm FFP Mil/Mil
Seekins 30mm rings
Badger Base 20MOA
Harris Bipod
AZ Precision Bolt Knob
VBull DMS

Rem700LTRPic5.jpg

Rem700LTRPic4.jpg

Rem700LTRPic2.jpg

Re: 1st Build Complete!

I really like that set-up. I did not know what a VBull DMS was so I had to look it up so I learned something new today. I like it and may have to get one for my Remington 700.

Looks good. Please update us on the range report. More importantly, please give us YOUR impression and performance of the glass. I am very curious to see. I know that there was a recent review of that. But it doesn't hurt to have another opinion on the glass.

I'm a fan of the black rifles.... Any plans to paint or leave it as is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a fan of the black rifles.... Any plans to paint or leave it as is? </div></div>

This one stays black.....
cool.gif

The next one may be different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arjuna70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a fan of the black rifles.... Any plans to paint or leave it as is? </div></div>

This one stays black..... </div></div>

Outstanding... It looks great as is.

Very nice! How are you liking the Falcon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! How are you liking the Falcon? </div></div>

Admittedly I don't have the vast experience of the forum members. I'm a recreational shooter with the hope of competition some day with the rife. I shoot primarily Bullseye pistol right now.

All that being said, I think the Falcon is comparable to the lower power Leupold's that I own for the price. I'm sure the $1500 scopes have better glass but Falcon is excellent for the cost. I also wanted a Mil/Mil FFP since I am starting "fresh" so to speak and am not used to any other system. I would buy one again.