• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 1st Coyote while turkey hunting

khall540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Beaver Dam, WI
So I went out chasing gobblers this morning. While walking down a trail to move to the other side of the property a furry rabbit came blasting across the trail in front of me. I thought to myself, this guy is going way to fast to be just moving around. Right on the rabbits ass is this female coyote. Nose to the ground, hot on his ass. The coyote was coming right towards me without a clue I was there. As soon as she ran onto the trail I fed her a healthy dose of some #4 shot out of a 3.5" 12 gauge and dropped her in her tracks with a quick headshot. It all happend in the matter of about 3 seconds. I paced it off at 12 steps from the shot to where she fell.

This is my first coyote ever. I have been calling them in for years and shooting at them even longer but was never able to connect with one until this morning when I would least expect it. I was so excited I didnt really care to chase gobblers much longer.

I was able to posistion my cell phone on a tree for a few quick photos.

2012-04-18062317.jpg

2012-04-18075115.jpg

2012-04-18074950.jpg

Re: 1st Coyote while turkey hunting

Love it! Nothing like 1.75oz of #5's to the head. I've killed a couple that came in to my calling and were looking to eat my decoys.

way to go ! What kind of phone do you have that you can set a timer on the shot ?

I have killed two over the years as I was calling in a gobbler. Turkey decoys work for coyotes too.

Congrats, The real thrill,will,be when you are set-up calling and a Bobcat hits ya from behind. Happened to my cuz last year. No real damage, but He could have used some Soft tissues. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shamrockcattle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">way to go ! What kind of phone do you have that you can set a timer on the shot ?</div></div>

My cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy S. I can set a photo timer for 2, 5, and 10 seconds.

I work third shift I can't remember the last time I dragged my ass out of bed at 4:15AM on my day off, but this was definatley worth it. Like a buddy of mine always says when it comes to hunting anything...."You can't get 'em between the sheets!"

Way to go, I've shot quite a few coyotes while hunting other critters (deer, turkeys, etc.). Nothing wrong with targets of opportunity! Great job.