• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st glass bedding job

Ethan87

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2021
Nc
Hey yall, just got done with first time bedding a rifle and was wondering whether it looks alright or not, ill let yall decide. I was nervous it was gonna turn out bad...
Btw, how long do yall wait till yall put it back together and shoot it? I was thinking atleast a week.

Attachments

• A4BD34B3-C317-4A42-971C-B6CCD29D36A9.jpeg
    A4BD34B3-C317-4A42-971C-B6CCD29D36A9.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 142
  • 6CFE0CFB-8F9B-4BD8-905C-A6ECFA8CAC81.jpeg
    6CFE0CFB-8F9B-4BD8-905C-A6ECFA8CAC81.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 141
looks pretty good man.

just follow the directions on the epoxy you used in regards to wait time for full cure....usually 24-72 hrs.

Reactions: Ethan87
looks pretty good man.

just follow the directions on the epoxy you used in regards to wait time for full cure....usually 24-72 hrs.
Well in that case im good, its done been 2 days and i used marine tex, so ill probably put it back together tommorow maybe

I’ve done 2 bedding jobs now. They don’t look as clean as LRI or anybody that cleans it up with a mill. But it’s shoots great. As long as everything still functions properly don’t compare it to the super clean looking ones because it can be hard to mimic perfectly from home.

Well in that case im good, its done been 2 days and i used marine tex, so ill probably put it back together tommorow maybe
Marine Tex is gtg.

I had a new boat out on it's third trip on the water. A large thunderstorm ran us back to the marina. We still had the double oil ammount in the gas for engine break in period.

That causes the engine to fowl the plugs and stall a lot at idle. Sure enough it died and a downburst of wind slammed us into a jagged edge on the dock.

Picked up Marine Tex on the way home, prepped the hole under the carport and applied the Marine Tex ( old trick apply heat to about 170 degrees) and it cures in a couple of hours. The boat was put back on the water that day and has not leaked for over 25 years.

Not a clue why anyone would use a different product to bed a stock.

Reactions: Ethan87
I’ve done 2 bedding jobs now. They don’t look as clean as LRI or anybody that cleans it up with a mill. But it’s shoots great. As long as everything still functions properly don’t compare it to the super clean looking ones because it can be hard to mimic perfectly from home.
Thats what gets me lol. I want it to look clean but thats hard to get at home with less then ideal stuff. Long as it works good i guess...

Reactions: Snuby642