• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st HardRock Match of 2013

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The first HR match of the 2013 series will be held on Saturday, February 9th, 2018. New shooters should make plans to attend the practice day on Friday, February 8th. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads. Safety meeting is at 0800, match will start @ 0830. All times CST.

Pre-registration is available to those who shot at least three of last years matches for the .308 and ATG classes, and is required if you are shooting in the first .223 class relays. Pre-registration opens with this announcement. Send a PM or email with the class(es) you will shoot, the cartridge for the rifle in each class, if anyone else will be using the same rifle, and if a brake or can is installed on the rifle. While we wish to encourage folks to pre-register, you will be on the Range Masters and my SL if you pre-register, don't attend the match, and fail to cancel your registration with a PX by 1800 on practice day. You don't want to go there. My PX is on the schedule, I don't have net access after 1800 on Thursdays.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name along with your email address.

Thanks,
DocB

Re: 1st HardRock Match of 2013

grin.gif
cain't wait
grin.gif

Good day,

Road update: Another bridge on Society Hill Road is out. Per Huskey "Follow the detour signs. Adds 15 minutes to the trip."

Huskey also wishes to add: This is a small operation, 6 per relay, 30 minutes +/- per relay, and there will be down time. And there are no plans to expand. We fill a need for a smaller group of people, and look forward to those people who want to be with us. Been a lot of comraderie and good friends made over the years and we plan to continue that.

Thanks,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good day,

Road update: Another bridge on Society Hill Road is out. Per Huskey "Follow the detour signs. Adds 15 minutes to the trip."

Huskey also wishes to add: This is a small operation, 6 per relay, 30 minutes +/- per relay, and there will be down time. And there are no plans to expand. We fill a need for a smaller group of people, and look forward to those people who want to be with us. Been a lot of comraderie and good friends made over the years and we plan to continue that.

Thanks,
DocB </div></div>

Is this on the paved or dirt portion of Society Hill?

Paved, Mitchell mill, just south of lazybee

One rule DocB forgot to mention is that no competitor can have a rifle that is taller than the shooter.........Gump!

didn't gump build a 260?

look out for slapdud's boat oar also "284win" it is shooting very well.

you going to be there friday Ed?

<span style="color: #FF0000">
JWP6114 said:
didn't gump build a 260?</span>

No - I built a 223 , and yes it is taller than me , but then again so is a smurf, no real surprise there !
crazy.gif

Just remember Ed - Its not the length of your tube , Its knowing how to use it !!!!!!!!
smirk.gif
smile.gif

I have to take up for Gump here. He is definitely taller than a .223. Maybe not as tall as a .284, but definitely taller than a .223.
smirk.gif

Good day,

All PMs and emails have a reply. We have enough .223 shooters to almost fill two relays at this point, if you haven't pre-registered for .223, time to do it.

Thanks,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan on being there unless wife goes into labor early. </div></div> Don't sweat that Ben. The Doctors and Nurses can handle it without Your help
smile.gif

Good day,

All PMs and emails have a reply. We should have 2.5 relays of .223 and 9 or 10 relays total by Saturday. Please do not count on being able to get to foul a clean bore or shoot after the match.

Weather looks good; warm temps, partly to mostly cloudy, 6-8 winds on both days. Bad news is the wind is predicted to change from East to West. It may rain Thursday, but the road should be O.K.

Thanks,
DocB

Good day,

Confirmed with Huskey; you will not be allowed to foul a clean bore at the range and the range will not be available for shooting after the match.

Thanks,
DocB

Can foul.... no shoot after. Just have to designate a different area to foul.....

Had a great time. It was good to see everyone again and catch up and do a little BSing. Nice turnout of shooters. Great weather but tricky winds especially at 800 yards. I've never seen a right to left wind blow so hard the other way
confused.gif

Had a blast, shot my personal best. Look forward to next match. Great catching up with everyone.

Good day,

Good to see everyone again! Match results were sent about 2015 EST. Please allow 24 hours for them to be delivered, or if you supplied your email address today, respond to the test email.

Thanks,
DocB

Weather was absolutely great! Had a real good time. Good to see new shooters attending the match. See you at the next one!
Oh Yeah.....nice shooting Gump!

Found, hooded zip up camo sweat shirt and a pair of black furry type gloves .. will have next match.