• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st ruger 10/22 build

AceofSpades9888

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2012
Forum,
I am new to this whole process and I am building my first custom Ruger 10/22. I have the last piece of the puzzle to place and it is the barrel. I posted earlier and seems to get a lack luster response. So here is the question one more time for expert advice. I am looking for a .920 barrel threaded for my build. It seems that almost every website is sold out of .920 barrels? Why is that and who make the most accurate. It seems that tactical solutions seems to be the best but everyone seems out of stock on this barrel..Why is that..am I missing something....and for those wondering yes I intend to suppress this stick in the near future. So please I am looking to the forum to guide and advise a true newbie..but one that is truely been bitten by the custom bug.. Please any and all advice is welcome and needed...

Re: 1st ruger 10/22 build

Check out KIDD Barrels.They have them on sale on Ebay and on thier web site and they show that they are in stock.

Just go with the Kidd.

My Kidd Supergrade 10/22 will hit quarters at 100-yds all day from a rest with the right shooter and wind conditions. My Anschutz will hit nickels.

Good Luck,

AnschutzNerd

Depends on price, if it doesnt matter then go lilja, if it does then kid, if your really on a budget green mountain.

buy a PacNor blank, send said blank and receiver to Randy @ CPC, have him do a custom contour (.920 is stupid marketing hype, and ridiculously muzzle heavy ). he will thread your Ruger receiver so a proper barrel to receiver connection is made (barrel block thrown in trash). i had him do a .750" dia contour on my 22" STINGER chambered 1/18 twist barrel mated to a KIDD threaded receiver, the receiver with the rear tang so a rear action screw can be utilized for proper action to stock mating.