• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 1st time buyer need help

boovan

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2014
Looking to buy a suppressor that will be used for hunting & the occasional range shooting.
Accuracy, weight & length are my 3 concerns.
It will be on a Tikka .308 Varmint that will be cut off to 17"
Also would like it to work on my 300wsm, but doesn't have to.

Been researching & really can't make up my mind.
No one i know has a suppressor so i'm kind of going in blind.

The Harvester & Thunder Beast 30P-1-1 both interest me, but am open to others.

Also, i've been looking to buy at The Silencer Shop, anyone have any dealings with them?
Do you recommend them or another dealer?

Thanks for your help,
Brian

Silencer shop is great. I only use them and I am 4 hours a drive away. Recommend tbac 30p1, liberty victory, GA 300phs. Last 2 based on reviews, 30p1 I am very happy with. There are differences with each can, but you can't go wrong with any of em.

Brian, I suggest that you find your local SOT and go demo some cans. If they don't do demos, maybe they will point you in the direction of a friendly suppressor owner. Most owners are friendly and will proudly show off their goodies. The TBAC 30P-1 is a great shooter.

Brian, I suggest that you find your local SOT and go demo some cans. If they don't do demos, maybe they will point you in the direction of a friendly suppressor owner. Most owners are friendly and will proudly show off their goodies. The TBAC 30P-1 is a great shooter.

Yes find a dealer that will demo. If they wont find another dealer.

Love the TBAC 30p-1

Going to most likely go with the 30p1.

Now my next question is, is it best to wait until i get it to let my gunsmith thread the barrel?