• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1X fixed scope [or micro iron sights], pure mechanical, rugged, made in the USA, picatinny ?????

ScipioAfricanus

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2021
Gawd's Country
Is there a quality 1X fixed scope which is:

1) pure mechanical [no electronics, no battery]

2) rugged [to the point that it could pass a USMC drop test]

3) comes with all the attachment hardware for a very short picatinny rail

4) made in the USA.

I guess I could yank the battery from an electronic scope [assuming it would even work if you yanked the battery], but that's turning a $750 scope into a $250 scope, which is a complete waste of money.

Another option would be recommendations for older gear [1990s/2000s], from back before the era of electronics, which I could look for on the secondary market.

This product ought to exist, but I searched & searched & searched, and couldn't find anything at all, other than the "turn a $750 scope into a $250 scope" option.

I guess a final option would be some sort of a very short picatinny "sled", which had micro-iron-sites on it, but if that option exists, I haven't found it yet.

All I need is anything which could give me some sighting capability in the 25-ish-yard range, where the big scope would be blind.

But it's gotta be mechanical, rugged, picatinny-ready, and made in the USA.

^^beat me to it. Slightly heavy but rugged for sure.
1982EFAC-1E11-4BFB-88D9-2B11C43133B2.jpeg

Reactions: Ravenworks
Just for 25 yards? How about iron sights? There are plenty of good quality irons made in USA and are on a different level of ruggedness from glass optics. KAC has a good pair that were adopted by the USMC

Just for 25 yards? How about iron sights? There are plenty of good quality irons made in USA and are on a different level of ruggedness from glass optics. KAC has a good pair that were adopted by the USMC

I would love a "micro" iron sights solution.

The closest I've seen is a proprietary solution by Trijicon, which sits atop their 4x32 scopes for .308/7.62 muzzle energies:

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta01nsn-308

TA01NSN-308_135-370-1565972400.jpg

A "micro" solution like that, but with an industry standard picatinny attachment base, would be fantastic, and would solve the problem immediately.

Sounds like you want iron sights. Last I knew Scalarworks, Ultradyne, Daniel Defense and plenty of other make them.
I am curious, with the very specific requirements, what is the use case?

Great sights here

There is a member in the PX that was selling these for about 1/3 of new that were still in sealed packaging

Micro iron sights? Bobro Lowrider

Love mine

Did you have to use locktite or super glue on your BoBros?

Also, roughly how high do the BoBros rise above the Picatinny rail?

I couldn't find any height measurements for them.

Thanks.

A little off topic, but I spent all weekend reading about 1x fixed glass, and various micro iron sights, and the manufacturers' websites are uniformly atrocious, with none of the tech specs available which ought to be there for the customer to see.

[Personally, I would have expected blueprints with all the height & width & depth measurements, but nobody does that anymore.]

It gets kinda depressing, after a while, to read so much about these products, but to have so little idea of even what size they are.

Did you have to use locktite or super glue on your BoBros?

Also, roughly how high do the BoBros rise above the Picatinny rail?

I couldn't find any height measurements for them.

Thanks.

A little off topic, but I spent all weekend reading about 1x fixed glass, and various micro iron sights, and the manufacturers' websites are uniformly atrocious, with none of the tech specs available which ought to be there for the customer to see.

[Personally, I would have expected blueprints with all the height & width & depth measurements, but nobody does that anymore.]

It gets kinda depressing, after a while, to read so much about these products, but to have so little idea of even what size they are.

Very flat … and very light. Like a couple ounces. But robust. Just bolted up like a normal BUIS.

Mounted on a 10.5” 300BLK upper here:

i-p767HZr-XL.jpg